Old Polk Monitor 2 satellites ...

... and matching subwoofer.

I have an old pair of these that still work fine. Anyone know what the nominal impedance of the satellites and sub are, or how I can find out? I picked up an A/V receiver that says use only speakers from 6 ohm to 16 ohm, and am worried these might be 4 ohm.

Thanks!

Comments

• Any chance you could post a pic so we can be sure of the model we are discussing? I would be happy to use all the resources I can muster to answer this for ya.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Thank you very much. I've attached several photos. The satellites are a little over 8 inches tall. The subwoofer is kind of buried, but I got the best photo I can without moving everything. The sub is not powered. It and the satellites connect to the same speaker terminals on the amp as do the satellites, both left and right.y7lbqfmijr8b.jpg
    yyq540v729nx.jpg
    txvwig7z6yot.jpg
    e6b3dhrrvue2.jpg
  • After turning the speakers (which I haven't moved in years) to photograph the back, and seeing the M6 designation, I think I've found the information I needed. This appears to be the system I have:

http://web.archive.org/web/20110301014356/http://www.polkaudio.com:80/homeaudio/specs/recent/monitor6

Thanks again!
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    I see why you were confused. Big Monitor Series 2 then a little M6 that could be part of the serial number. Polk got on the map with their Monitor line of speakers (which started at Monitor 4 AFAIK). Around 1990 they came out with the series 2 models of the Monitor line.

Despite Polk's marketing I don't consider your speaker a "Monitor series". It is a newer design and while it probably sounds good it is no substitute for the real Monitors.