Question about WAV and FLAC Hard Disk Storage Systems and Recommendations

My new T+A PM3000MV has many inputs for external storage to access the T+A DACS, the internal T+A DACS supports up 192kHz / 32bit depending on how you connect. The unit has built-in streaming capabilities and can access a NAS and directly attached USB drives - which would make my life easier to use, but the recommend highest resolution method of connecting to the unit is using it's SPDIF's connections and specifically the BNC and AES-EBU inputs, as the two optical digital and RCA Coax inputs max out at 96 kHz.

Can anybody recommend a digital media solution the would directly connect to the PM3000MV via BNC or AES-EBU?

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,424
    What's a T+A PM3000MV?
    Is that the bad guy car from Robocop?
    I disabled signatures.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,313
    Are you asking if the hard drive or media stotage can be connected via bnc?
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • After using the T+A software client, to access an attached USB HD, I found the client is very basic and I think I am going to go with a new streaming / network player and just leverage the T+A's internal DACS. Something like Simaudio's Moon MiND2. The MiND2 has a AES-EBU output which should work well. The other positive is I can use a unit like the MiND2 to access Tidal. Are there any other units I should be researching?
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,313
    It depends on your budget but the Simaudio has some great reviews. I believe aurender and lumin both also have a good option. If you want something a little more budget friendly Cambridge Audio Azur 851N I believe has that option as well
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • I am still trying to figure out what I really want in this piece so I started thinking about a few of combined units that have storage and ripping capabilities the three that I have done some research on are:

Cocktail Audio X50D Digital Music Server - $2,700
    INNUOS ZENITH MKII MUSIC SERVER - $3,800
    AURALiC ARIES G2 - $3,899

Does anyone have any experience with these units?

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,516
    bumping for any updates :*
    the Cocktail Audio X50D Digital Music Servers are now $2,500 and
    seem to do it all if you already have a DAC you love.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears