Question about WAV and FLAC Hard Disk Storage Systems and Recommendations

My new T+A PM3000MV has many inputs for external storage to access the T+A DACS, the internal T+A DACS supports up 192kHz / 32bit depending on how you connect. The unit has built-in streaming capabilities and can access a NAS and directly attached USB drives - which would make my life easier to use, but the recommend highest resolution method of connecting to the unit is using it's SPDIF's connections and specifically the BNC and AES-EBU inputs, as the two optical digital and RCA Coax inputs max out at 96 kHz.

Can anybody recommend a digital media solution the would directly connect to the PM3000MV via BNC or AES-EBU?

Comments

• msgmsg Posts: 4,537
    What's a T+A PM3000MV?
    Is that the bad guy car from Robocop?
    I disabled signatures.
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 13,197
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 ch. 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,544
    Are you asking if the hard drive or media stotage can be connected via bnc?
    Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,
    USB helper: w4s Recovery
    Living Room Teac AI-3000, LSI25, SDA 3.1TL, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11
    Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

• After using the T+A software client, to access an attached USB HD, I found the client is very basic and I think I am going to go with a new streaming / network player and just leverage the T+A's internal DACS. Something like Simaudio's Moon MiND2. The MiND2 has a AES-EBU output which should work well. The other positive is I can use a unit like the MiND2 to access Tidal. Are there any other units I should be researching?
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,544
    It depends on your budget but the Simaudio has some great reviews. I believe aurender and lumin both also have a good option. If you want something a little more budget friendly Cambridge Audio Azur 851N I believe has that option as well
    Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,
    USB helper: w4s Recovery
    Living Room Teac AI-3000, LSI25, SDA 3.1TL, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11
    Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

• I am still trying to figure out what I really want in this piece so I started thinking about a few of combined units that have storage and ripping capabilities the three that I have done some research on are:

Cocktail Audio X50D Digital Music Server - $2,700
    INNUOS ZENITH MKII MUSIC SERVER - $3,800
    AURALiC ARIES G2 - $3,899

Does anyone have any experience with these units?

• SIHABSIHAB Posts: 599
    bumping for any updates :*
    the Cocktail Audio X50D Digital Music Servers are now $2,500 and
    seem to do it all if you already have a DAC you love.