Roomba’s shenanigans

Ok so here’s a weird one :neutral:

Got done with work today and started to hook up the subwoofer and streamer to the new PSA pre after receiving my AQ Xlr cables in the mail. Got all the settings just right and was going through the remote macros on the Harmony Elite. We have HT bypass so the pre has to be on and enabled in HT mode for the tv surround to work. Was trying the buttons and the pre was not turning on. Went into the Harmony menu’s to see if it was a duration issue or what. Could not figure it out.
Then was trying the stock remote and just happened to press volume up. It went all the way up to max volume. Wtf. I press vol down once and it went all the way down. Ok now I was really confused. Racking my brain with resets, wire configuration, the harmony hub. Anything
Then I was standing in front of the unit getting really irritated (brand new unit and all) and it started working. Moved a little off center and back to non-working again. I was starting to think I was nuts. I turned around to see if anything was line of sight with this and way in the other room was the Roomba robot vacuum base without the Roomba on it. Battery was dead on Roomba in another room (kids closed it in a room while running)
Turns out the base was relaying and repeating the signal to the unit. Moved the base and all was well again.
So strange. Thought I would post this just in case anyone else got this weird circumstance.
SPEAKERS - ELAC ADANTE AF-61, TOTEM RAINMAKER, SONUS FABER SOLO, DEFINITIVE TECH SM350, MIRAGE OASIS, SONOS PLAY 5 & 1'S, SVS SB16 ULTRA

POWER - PS AUDIO M700, LINN LK240, MARANTZ SR5013

PRE/DACS - PS AUDIO STELLAR GAIN, CAMBRIDGE AUDIO CXN V2

SOURCE - DENON 2910, SONY CDX355, JVC XM448, REGA P2 (MODDED) ANIA CART, REGA FONO MC, XBOX 1 S, TIVO BOLT

POWER/WIRES - AQ NIAGARA 5000, AQ HURRICANE HC (2M), AQ MONSOON HC (2M) , AQ COLORADO XLR (2M & 1M) AND RCAs(1M), AQ VICTORIA(1M), ACOUSTIC ZEN SATORI W JUMPERS(3M), ATLAS EOS PC, WW STRATUS X3/AURORA X1 PC, AQ CARBON HDMIs

MISC- OKKI NOKKI RCM, HARMONY ELITE, SONY 75XBR900E

Comments

• rpf65rpf65 Posts: 2,002
    I can see something with a name like Roomba searching for Lawerance Welk reruns.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 7,731
    That's the kind of scenarios that has haunted me my whole life. :D

Things that are so rare and weird, they don't make sense at all!

I'm glad you quickly figured it out. ;) B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 2,562
    They’re busy planning with the media. They don’t have time for me
    SPEAKERS - ELAC ADANTE AF-61, TOTEM RAINMAKER, SONUS FABER SOLO, DEFINITIVE TECH SM350, MIRAGE OASIS, SONOS PLAY 5 & 1'S, SVS SB16 ULTRA

SOURCE - DENON 2910, SONY CDX355, JVC XM448, REGA P2 (MODDED) ANIA CART, REGA FONO MC, XBOX 1 S, TIVO BOLT

POWER/WIRES - AQ NIAGARA 5000, AQ HURRICANE HC (2M), AQ MONSOON HC (2M) , AQ COLORADO XLR (2M & 1M) AND RCAs(1M), AQ VICTORIA(1M), ACOUSTIC ZEN SATORI W JUMPERS(3M), ATLAS EOS PC, WW STRATUS X3/AURORA X1 PC, AQ CARBON HDMIs

Tony M wrote: »
    That's the kind of scenarios that has haunted me my whole life. :D

Things that are so rare and weird, they don't make sense at all!

I'm glad you quickly figured it out. ;) B)

I know right. So weird.

• OleBootOleBoot Posts: 450
    joecoulson wrote: »
    They’re busy planning with the media. They don’t have time for me

Your toaster has a masters in journalism, but I'd be worried if it didn't work for Fox.
    I started out with nothing and have most of it left.
    edited December 2018
    It would be one of a kind if it did

Lol!

• BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 478
    I would like my Roomba to play some tunes as it works.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 21,422
    just wait'll one's autonomous vehicle (or a passing 737-MAX :( ) starts havin' a convo with a nearby Roomba base.

• Tony MTony M Posts: 7,731
    :D
    nmcf5y0vxpqj.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.