mm6 bass issue

neomagus00
neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
edited April 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
okay, i recently decided to test/tune my mm6s (as some may have noticed). so, i'm sitting there with some midbass tones (65-100 Hz) playing at maximum undistorted volume. pretty soon, i'm smelling something burning (it tastes like burning! - Ralphie) and, naturally, kill the sound immediately. the next day, when i dare to turn them back on, i notice a severely decreased bass response in normal songs. same eq, same amp settings, no problem with any other frequencies, voice/guitar still sounds great - wtf have i done?
It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
Post edited by neomagus00 on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2004
    mightve burnt the VC up
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2004
    would this not cause the speaker to become totally non-functional?

in any case, they weren't distorting, and i only played maybe 5 minutes total of tones - they really shouldn't die with that, yes?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2004
    they still might work a little
    id call polk
    go to customer service and ask to talk to Kim Jasper...hell know what to tell ya
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2004
    I second that.

There are a lot of electronic things out there that can partially work when F 'd up. It wouldnt suprise me if the VC was a little fried but able to put out a halfway decent response.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D