FS: Kef LS50W (LS50 wireless) reference active monitor speakers

LIKE NEW

Not sure how these are received around here, but thought I'd check out the interest from the Polkies.

The incredible reference line LS50 from Kef with driver matched amplifiers (two per speaker) built in, along with individual DACs per speaker with built in DSP.

These are, dollar for dollar, the best value speaker I have ever owned. Detail off the charts, amazing sense of space... Everything all the incredible reviews have said.

The most amazing part is that with these speakers and a smart phone, you have a reference grade audiophile system that requires nothing else. No preamp, no amps, no source devices. You can add any of these things if you really wanted to, though

The most telling review is the one from 6moons that tested the LS50 vs the LS50W and it took near 35-50k worth of equipment to get to the level that the built in components of the wireless version.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/3x1_2/1.html

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/kef-ls...e-year-so-far/

And you can own these without a single other piece of audio equipment!! It's absolutely astounding. So why am I selling? Because I have a second pair. These were for my office, which is now being occupied by other employees and I have to switch to headphones.

These were purchased from an authorized Kef dealer out of New York and I can provide receipt if necessary. It will come with every single piece of packaging, documentation, and cable that was originally in the box, and some are still unwrapped.

You're going to love these. They look like new and were never abused in any way.

True audiophile reference equipment here at a midfi price - $1750 shipped. Polk Forum price

design is where science and art break even.

Comments

• newrival
    newrival Posts: 2,017
    lo8gjt7lm9kf.jpg
    xy7gl5c81uoe.jpg
    k23a7n80zfwo.jpg
    p8tstk3orusg.jpg
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I can attest to the sound of them. I went this route last year and use my velodyne sub for more growl. Although for most music, they do amazing on their own.

@newrival do you still have the stock power cords on the ones you kept? I went through Cullen and changed them out.

Folks, great speaker and trustworthy seller. You will have to spend a lot more money to get this kind of sound.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • I had the passives and they were wonderful!
  • newrival
    erniejade wrote: »
    I can attest to the sound of them. I went this route last year and use my velodyne sub for more growl. Although for most music, they do amazing on their own.

@newrival do you still have the stock power cords on the ones you kept? I went through Cullen and changed them out.

Folks, great speaker and trustworthy seller. You will have to spend a lot more money to get this kind of sound.

Thanks, Buddy! Did you go to that g2g in plainfield this year? I’ve been remodeling the house nonstop and have been under a rock for 2018.

I’m running mine with Pangaeas and a stock interconnect. I may have to try a custom one.

Ive been working late and after hours I’ll turn these up and am always astounded at the imaging. And you know I’m an imaging and soundfield nut.

I ran these in particular with an Anthony gallo tr-3D subwoofer, and it was magical. I’m using Rythmik F15HPs at home.

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    For me, its the only thing thats sounded right in the den. If it wasn't for clumsy step kids who knock everything over, i would consider yours for a 2nd pair in the living room instead of the lsi25 thats in there now.
    I did not get to go but Russ and Dan did. go.

Folks again, if your looking to downsize and don't want to give up soubd quality and possibly have some $ leftover from selling your amp, preamp, cables and speakers; this is it!. If your still using a spinner, optucal, coax, or RCA in.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Are your kefs still available?
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • newrival
    They have been sold