Dsw 660 acting wierd

Options
I have had a dsw 660 for close to a year now. I keep it on the auto setting so that it's off when the avr is not in use. Even when the avr is turned off the sub continuously turns itself on frequently. Also when it turns itself on it makes a noise I can compare to a plane going over our place. For some reason I disregarded this forever now thinking it was normal. I have now gotten a second one to go dual and the second one does not do these things. It comes on when its supposed to. It stays off when the avr is not in use. And I don't get that noise out of it when it fires up? Has anyone else ever had this issue with this sub?

Comments

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    I've used that sub and many others. I've never experienced a noise such as you describe when a sub turns on. Obviously, your second sub exhibits normal behavior. Call Polk. They ought to help you out.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    They will ask for the serial number and place and date of purchase. Probably good if you have a receipt handy...Good luck!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer