Acadamy award stats from a few years back when Avatar lost the best picture to Hurt locker.

Options
Look at the revenue for the Hurt Locker AFTER it won best picture...

It was a great movie for sure but Avatar was surely the favorite.

Just like dancing with the stars winner this year should've been let go at the 1/2 season mark. A lot of people and the judges were shocked!

Well, I found this chart kind of interesting. I've tried to get into the shape of water but just haven't watched more than 5 min. at a time for the 3 times I've tried. Maybe later I'll watch it fully.
bm4b3ipuedlt.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Wow, makes you wonder...
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    Argo was a good movie, as ticket sales attested to before the Awards. The people seemed to like it. Saw the Kings Speech also, a fairly good movie, but over rated, as I remember.

The Hurt Locker was the only other I saw on the list. I would call it fair, meaning not a total waste of two hours of my life, but not one I would want to watch a second time, thinking I may have missed something.

The rest of the list I wasn’t the least bit interested in ever watching. Just seemed like a plot that didn’t intrest me in the least bit. Guess I just value a good story line more so than artistic expression.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    I saw "The Hurt Locker". It was alright, but not particularly special in any way. "Avatar" was a giant, overblown, steaming pile of dog squeeze. As far as "Dancing with the Stars" goes, I can't imagine anyone bringing that up in an intelligent conversation.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I saw "The Hurt Locker". It was alright, but not particularly special in any way. "Avatar" was a giant, overblown, steaming pile of dog squeeze. As far as "Dancing with the Stars" goes, I can't imagine anyone bringing that up in an intelligent conversation.

One of my old friend did this :s when I mentioned I watch it. He says that show shows him all that is wrong with America now. :#:D

We might not watch next year since the winner wasn't even close to being a GREAT dancer at the end like the other remaining stars turned into. I like timing also. Dance is about timing. I turn my surround system on when the music comes on and mute after it's over for each dance. They DO play some great tunes quite often.

I always wished I could DANCE. Who knows where I'd be if I could dance! :D

I saw Hurt Locker one time also. I still see the overconfident marine going down the little hill to disarm a bomb. Also when the one bomb was detonated, my living room pressurized for a second. Then the Marine goes home and another takes his place. :|

I love special effects when they're done well and Avatar was done very well. B) Good storyline and Actor and Actress selection was spot on too. The colors were cool and the imagination was off the charts. ;)
  • Tony M
    Options
    :D

We all have our differences too. ;):)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    rpf65 wrote: »
    The Hurt Locker was the only other I saw on the list. I would call it fair, meaning not a total waste of two hours of my life, but not one I would want to watch a second time, thinking I may have missed something.

I really enjoyed Hurt Locker, and I've watched it twice. ;)
  • Tony M
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    rpf65 wrote: »

I really enjoyed Hurt Locker, and I've watched it twice. ;)

Did you watch it with surround sound?
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Is the pope catholic?
  • Tony M
    Options
    :D
    That movie did have a great sound track.