Where did the 265-LS in wall speakers go?

Options
Finally ready to order - came to the Polk pages to double check the specs for my new HT setup, and the 265-LS speakers are completely gone. Page no longer exists and everyone selling them are suddenly out of stock. What gives? Where did they go?

Comments

• mgill
    mgill Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks, I should have been more clear on my question.

Why is the Polk page gone?
    https://www.polkaudio.com/products/265-ls

With the Polk page being gone Id not be comfortable buying the speaker from someone called 'Amazing Deals Online'.

More common dealers like Crutchfield and Best Buy are out of stock.

Im really wondering if the product is actually gone and what we are seeing are the smaller retailers selling off their stock.

Does anyone know whats happening with the 265-ls speakers?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    Being replaced with a newer model perhaps. Those speakers have been around a long time. It may also be that they may not be replaced at all. Cutting holes in halls for speakers is not as fashionable as it once was.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mgill
    Options
    So my brother and I just called. The Polk audio process is to take the page down if the speaker goes unavailable - they are backlogged until January. The conversation gave every indication that this speaker will return when it becomes available again at that time.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    Makes sense... No, not really. Doesn't that page also support retailers with current stock?
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    mgill wrote: »
    With the Polk page being gone Id not be comfortable buying the speaker from someone called 'Amazing Deals Online'.

Well, ok, but the price is right and it's fulfilled by Amazon, so you have nothing to lose if they arrive to you in something other than brand new condition.
  • mgill
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Makes sense... No, not really. Doesn't that page also support retailers with current stock?

Right? I was fearful of making any purchases if the speaker itself was going to go away. We must be only seeing part of the equation.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    mgill wrote: »
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

Right? I was fearful of making any purchases if the speaker itself was going to go away. We must be only seeing part of the equation.

Yeah, but if you think you'd like some, buy some. Why care whether or not they'll continue to sell them?