Breville USA

12346»

Comments

• joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 1,491
    Wowzer
    2ch: PS Audio Stellar Gain pre, 4 x Linn LK240 monoblocks ( bi-amping) Elac Adante AF-61's, SVS SB16 Ultra Subwoofer, Cambridge Audio CXN v2, Rega Planar 2 with upgrades, Vincent PHO 701 Phono pre, Audioquest Niagara 1000, AQ Thunder, AQ XLR's and IC's, Wireworld Stratus and Aurora power cables, Atlas EOS power cable, Denon 2910 (as transport) Sony CPD355 Jukebox cd

5.1: Marantz sr5003 (feeding mains through HT bypass) Sonus Faber solo center, AQ Carbon HDMI's, Sony XBRx900E, Xbox One S as 4k player, Definitive Technology SM350's surrounds, Tivo Bolt, Harmony Elite remote

Other gear: Totem Rainmakers (not hooked up) Sonos play 5 and play 1's x 2, Audio Technica TT and Edifier active speakers in kids room, JVC XM448 minidisc rack mount, Sony minidisc walkman, Project Debut III (currently not working), Samsung 46, and 2 x32" tvs, Samsung Soundbar, Okki Nokki LP cleaner, Second Harmony remote setup for bedroom, etc etc
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 342
    edited January 10
    maxward wrote: »
    Mine was a LUCCA A53 Mini by La Spaziale. LUCCA is Clive’s branded machine.

Been a while since I looked at Clive's machines. Just checked out the LUCCA A53. I have the LaSpaziale Vivaldi II, which the LUCCA's a customized version of. Controls are different but looks very similar. Love my Vivaldi. Sounds like a worthwhile class...nice couple of hours and you had a good time.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 30,397
    Wow man, those are some nice machines they gave you all to play with. Some will look at that and go...doesn't do anything more than my KCUP espresso maker my 10 year old can operate.

If you can't taste the difference, good for you, just saved yourself some cash. Those of us who can, will spend the coin. Just like cables huh, see...everything in life can be related to audio. :)

Pulling 20 shots in your class....you guys must have been all jacked up by the time it was over.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • maxwardmaxward Posts: 210
    Tony, most of those 20 shots were poured down the drain, as we were slowly dialing in the grinders. Just lots of sips of mostly bad espresso. Same with most of the milk we steamed. I was feeling a little guilty about it, until the end of the class, when I made myself a nice Americano. This is my drink of choice when judging a coffee shop.
    Thorens TD-160C; Sumiko Talisman S; Jolida JD9; Marantz CD-53; North Star Intenso;
    Joule-Electra LA-100; Balanced Power Technology AC conditioner;
    Odyssey Khartago monos (with most factory upgrades); Magnepan MG 3.6R
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 342
    edited January 11
    Dialing in a grind sucked when I first started. No joke...you really do feel guilty tossing it. My son and I couldn't dump the first few shots but soon realized reality over the love of coffee would get us. I still can't throw away a bad shot. Live with the consequences and strive for better on the next one. Pinched too many pennies over time and I don't have enough coffee to endlessly dial in every day. Make adjustments per each shot...some days it's a 20 second shot and others it's 35...but, nail 25-30 seconds and I'm good. @maxward, I'm with you...great Americano means a great shot.

@tonyb, couldn't agree more, good cables and coffee make a difference. You pay to play.

...believe it or not, I used dynamat on my LaSpaziele to make it quieter. Oh yeah, my grinder, too. Can't stand "bad" noise.
  • maxwardmaxward Posts: 210
    The dynamat sounds like a great idea!
    Thorens TD-160C; Sumiko Talisman S; Jolida JD9; Marantz CD-53; North Star Intenso;
    Joule-Electra LA-100; Balanced Power Technology AC conditioner;
    Odyssey Khartago monos (with most factory upgrades); Magnepan MG 3.6R
12346»