Help choosing amp.

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited April 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hi everybody. I need some help/advice on what kind/brand of amp to get. I have a panasonic deck cq-dfx683, polk db525 in the front and db650 in the back, and a mm10 sub. I want to get an amp to push all 4 speakers and one for the sub. I've been looking at hifonic amps and phoenix gold, but i'm really not knowledgable on the any amp manufacturers. But if anyone can give me a rundown of what i can choose, i'm assuming 75wx4 at 4ohms for the speakers and an amp 500wx1 at 4ohms for the sub. Again just looking for some help. I don't want to be the loudest, i just want a nice tight sound and a little bump. My price range right now is $600-700. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!!!!

dmz
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2004
    off the top of my head, i'd say a 300.2 bridged to run the sub, and the 400.4 for the rest. but, this seems to be out of your price range.

unfortunately, i don't know amp brands as well as i should, so you'll have to wait for someone else :(
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2004
    Eclipse makes a very nice amp and a very good sounding one as well. With good specs too. 105 db SNR and .004% THD!

This 4-channel puts out 85 rms per channel which will be plenty.

This 2-channel puts out 130x2 or 400x1 which will be good for your sub.

Together they come up to $700 but you could probably find them a little cheaper elsewhere on the internet.

Of course there are other brands like Orion, Xtant, JL Audio (bite me Cody ;)) Kicker and Phoenix Gold, but these Eclipse will give you great sound quality and good power for your budget.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2004
    yeah, one JL amp and hes already over budget:rolleyes:
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited April 2004
    Thanks to everyone that replied. I have a good idea of what to get now. All the advice people give on this forum, someone should be getting paid, alot of good help. Again thanks, and keep the ideas coming.

dmz
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2004
    Originally posted by dmz
    All the advice people give on this forum, someone should be getting paid
    i can give you my address if you like
    i accept all personal checks, money orders, and all major credit cards
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2004
    i'll take all of the above, excepting traveler's checks. i personally prefer money orders, but it's all good.

why is it that businesses hate travelers checks??
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs