RT3000P Cap Replacement Problems

I just recently bought a full 4 piece rt3000p speaker set off my friend for 40$. When I got them home and tested them, they both sounded distorted, so I figured the caps in the plate amp were dried. I was right. I replaced them, put it all back together, and plugged it in to test it. On the first speaker, there was a very loud buzzing, and then smoke poured out and THEN the fuse on the power supply blew. I took a look inside, and the board with the caps was fried. I checked the polarity of the caps, and they were correct. I checked for shorts, etc. Nothing. Discouraged, I figured it might be something to do with another component on the board, so I figured I would try the other one. Upon doing so, I plugged it in, and nothing happened. I looked inside and this time the fuse blew. I can't figure out what's wrong, and I was wondering if maybe someone could help.

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I can't help but that's gotta suck big time. :'(

I hope you get them working again somehow.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Check the rectifier, the power transformer, resisters, varistors, voltage regulator, and all other semiconductors. I had one that had a shorted main transformer that kept blowing fuses.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2