Focal Spirit One Headphones

When I karma’d my Schiit Magni, I thought I’d put these ‘phones up for sale immediately, but I started to use them with my iPad. Then I was gifted a good set of ear buds which are much easier to take along. So these need a new home. They were $300 new and now have maybe 13-15 hours on them. Club Polk price is $120 shipped.

ulz1ml96u6oh.jpeg

Comments

• Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    I may be interested. Let me do a little research. Thanks.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    Will pass. Good deal but I need to be content with what I have haha.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    Bump. I’m dropping the price to $100, shipped. Polkies with 100+ posts, please. Will wait several days before trying elsewhere.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    What ohms are they?
  • maxward
    They’re 32 ohms.
  • maxward
    I should inform you that I’ve been told that these are available for $79.95 at Amazon. Only a few left.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    Thanks, but I'm looking for 250 to 600 ohm pair.

GLWTS
  • maxward wrote: »
    I should inform you that I’ve been told that these are available for $79.95 at Amazon. Only a few left.

Those are the Focal Spirit One “S” model headphones, which are a downgraded model from these (Focal should work on their naming conventions). You have to look carefully.
    They have the Focal Spirit One’s (this exact model) listed on Amazon as “Focal 529102-SPOH Spirit One Headphones” at $279.
    I’m not sure how it works on here, but on most sites it is considered very bad form to place a negative comment in someone’s classified ad, even if you are just pointing out that the price is out of line. That should only be handled via a PM. You could be working off of bad information, as you were in this case. I’m not trying to start anything. I am just pointing out that bad info can have a very negative effect on these things. Who knows how many people saw that and decided to move on?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Oki doki then.......
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    TuMadre wrote: »
    maxward wrote: »

Those are the Focal Spirit One “S” model headphones, which are a downgraded model from these (Focal should work on their naming conventions). You have to look carefully.
    They have the Focal Spirit One’s (this exact model) listed on Amazon as “Focal 529102-SPOH Spirit One Headphones” at $279.
    I’m not sure how it works on here, but on most sites it is considered very bad form to place a negative comment in someone’s classified ad, even if you are just pointing out that the price is out of line. That should only be handled via a PM. You could be working off of bad information, as you were in this case. I’m not trying to start anything. I am just pointing out that bad info can have a very negative effect on these things. Who knows how many people saw that and decided to move on?

You do realize it is *his* for sale thread...right? The only person he would be sniping is himself...
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • maxward
    Thanks for the clarification, TuMadre. I was told about the Amazon price via PM. I just thought it would be fair to point that out. I appreciate your input because without it I’d pull them off the market.
  • maingey
    maingey Posts: 627
    Actually I was trying to figure out the difference myself....
  • ZLTFUL wrote: »
    TuMadre wrote: »
    maxward wrote: »

Strangely, I did not notice that! Color me embarrassed! I just saw that the info was wrong, and figured I would defend the OP. I had looked these up, and almost made the same mistake. But I never noticed that the guy who posted the ad was the one sabotaging his own ad. To be fair, Who does that?!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    That's how Polkies roll, which is another reason this is the best audio forum.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• maxward
  • maxward
    Dropping price on these to $90.00.
  • maxward