ModWright OPPO UDP-205

Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,950
edited October 29 in Electronics
Well it’s here, unfortunately I won’t really have time to spend with it till this weekend but here are some pics,
3e2hhp7j3p0s.jpeg
j54c72pv0cep.jpeg
Post edited by Toolfan66 on

Comments

• Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,950
    o7m7argy7b5c.jpeg
    Power Supply

6ycxnv6gwauh.jpeg
    nh9zd9vldx8e.jpeg
    9lt2ti4jpoe6.jpeg
    f4yw2xloto1s.jpeg
    0mser1eczbte.jpeg
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,628
    That is a sweet looking 205... look forward to your impressions.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,589
    Ok curiosity has grabbed a hold of me..
    I wonder who makes their film caps?
    That is some good looking stuff Larry.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,971
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

They are built by specs by Dan. Each are measured to meet spec before installed.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,589
    VERY NICE!!
    thanks Ron.
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I wondered the same thing about the caps when I popped the hood, it is all very well done and built, I don’t see where any one thing was sacrificed for the sake of saving a buck..

Thanks Ron!!
  • EmlynEmlyn Posts: 2,168
    I've only heard positive things about Modwright work and their attention to detail.
    1. Polk LSiM707, 704C, 703; Dual SVS SB2000 subwoofers; Marantz SR7011 receiver; Parasound A23 amp; Oppo 205; Toshiba HD-DVD Player; Sony 65" 4K TV; FIOS; PS Audio Power Plant Premier; MIT S2 cables
    2. JM Labs Electra 920.1; Parasound JC2 Preamp; Sonic Frontiers Power 2 amp; Sony HAP-Z1ES; Oppo 105D; Music Hall MMF7 and Acoustech phono pre; PS Audio P1000; MIT S1 Cables
    3. Polk LSiM703; Pioneer Elite SC97 receiver; Oppo 203; Squeezebox Touch; MIT S3 cables
  • SCompRacerSCompRacer Posts: 6,957
    edited October 29
    Nice! Congrats and enjoy!

Dan's tube regulated power supply is well designed and uses quality components. Clean power. I used upgraded tubes in the PS.

I've owned his SWP 9.0SE, Sony 999ES with tube reg PS, Sony 9100ES with tube reg PS and his SWLP 9.0SE with Blue face, tube reg PS and built in phono. I had one issue with a PS which he corrected quickly.

mbrwklx2g7of.jpg
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ & Pro 11+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS* Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *

• gmcmangmcman Posts: 1,273
    Very nice! Looking forward to hear your review.
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 7,339
    Dang! Very very nice
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,336
    Sweet! Enjoy! :)
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • SIHABSIHAB Posts: 315
    Way nice! Congrats!
    Thanks Guys!!!! Can't wait to set it up...
    edited October 30
    h5bt7g7f981m.jpeg

And it’s supposed to only get better after 200 hours??? I can’t freakin wait!!!

Talk about taking it to a whole new level, I have that feeling again like I did when I just got started in this hobby, it’s been a long time since I have felt this way..
    x8opfruqcx6h.jpeg

You make loving fun, one of my favorite discs...
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 4,689
    Does the modification eliminate multi-channel analog out?
    Parlor: ifi iDSD Micro*Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables* Wireworld Stratus power cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*BJC Silver-Plated IC's* Bens Silver IC's

Dungeon: Dancer Mini-Two Diamond*Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*North Star Intenso DAC*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*Wireworld Aurora power cables*IFI nano IDSD bl*Pangea Silver USB*Cambridge CXU*

Panamax MR5100*Panamax M8-AV-PRO*Furman PST-2+6

Headgear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S* Sennheiser 6xx

Hello Kitty boombox

Spare sortta: Usher N-6361* ifi iDsd nano*Marantz 1504* RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Usher N-6361

Self Control is over rated.
    Mr. Sharpe wrote: »
    Meh these were extra $70 as an open box item so it didn’t much to me either way:)

Modern physics would have us believe that the universe is made up of quarks, gluons, photons -- and morons

Jesus H. C H R I S T - Afterburner - can you ever be courteous and stay on topic. If you want to blather on about "Family Affair" start your own dam thread! I get tired of your inane comments. You're not clever and you're not funny and most time you're posts are completely irrelevant to the topic.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Does the modification eliminate multi-channel analog out?

No..

• honestaquarianhonestaquarian Posts: 2,093
    Do these particular mods only affect the audio performance?
    Or does the video get improved as well?
    Living room Home theater: Upgrade Company modified Onkyo PR-SC5509,Sunfire Cinema grand Signature 5 channel amp(1st gen),Carver TFM-45,Carver M-400a,Panasonic TC-P50ST60 50" Plasma(last gen before Plasma production stopped)Pioneer Elite DVL-91,Meridian 519 Dolby AC-3 RF Demodulator,Oppo Digital UDP-205,TiVo Bolt VOX,Nakamich BX-300,Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type VxMR cartridge,Polk SDA-SRS 3.1 TL(with RD-0198 tweeters, upgraded with Larry's rings, black hole5,an Avel-Lindberg 1000VA isolation transformer, VR3 customer crossovers and internal wiring),Polk CS-1000P(with SL-6506 tweeter),Polk Monitor 5jr(with RD-0194 tweeters),Polk RT-35i (1),Polk Mini Monitors,Polk PSW150(4)Monster Power HTPS 7000 MKII Signature series,Monster Power AVS 2000 Signature Series,Various MIT,Monster,Upgrade Company and Belden interconnect,power,HDMI,Coax and Toslink Digital and speaker cables.

Bedroom 2 channel system:Integra DTM 40.4,Nakamichi BX-100,TiVo mini,Musical Fidelity X-LPS,X-PSU,Carver TFM-25,Sony KV-34XBR970(last of the widescreen tube sets before production stopped)Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type V MR cartridge,Polk RT-55(with SL-6506 tweeters),Polk PSW-200 in plexiglass(2),Sony Playstation 3 slim.Monster Power HTPS-7000,Monster AVS-2000, PowerVarious Kimber,Audioquest and MIT interconnects and speaker cables.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 40,667
    Where's the blue goop?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

Do these particular mods only affect the audio performance?
    Or does the video get improved as well?

Audio only, 2 channel side...
    F1nut wrote: »
    Where's the blue goop?

Blue goop?? I know nothing of blue goop..

• EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,138
    F1nut wrote: »
    Where's the blue goop?

Or the black RFI tape :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 30,196
    hjwxjc4us6ro.jpg
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
    edited November 1
    Ok, someone fill me in... :#

Edit: a little search and I caught on.. LOL!!! I never saw that thread, glad Dan dosen't do work like that..
  • GlennDogGlennDog Posts: 1,602
    I’m curious if you ever let the stock 205 fully run -in prior to sending to Dan...
    . . I just hooked mine up and it’s bright and harsh, but smoooothing out slowly ....

Did you get the full Monty? ie MW balls-to-the-walls treatment?
    Power Rogue M180 monos & Adcom GFA 5802
    PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Rears Definitive Technology BP-2
    DAC North Star Design Supremo
    Source PSA PWT & Oppo 105
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Pre Cary SLP-98 F1
    Center Salk HT2C
    Wires MIT S3.3
    PSA PC AC-12
    edited November 2
    GlennDog wrote: »
    I’m curious if you ever let the stock 205 fully run -in prior to sending to Dan...
    . . I just hooked mine up and it’s bright and harsh, but smoooothing out slowly ....

Did you get the full Monty? ie MW balls-to-the-walls treatment?

The first one I purchased yes I did, the second one I purchased that I was lucky to get during their last runs is the one I sent to ModWright, no I did not let it fully run, but it now has about 100hrs on it, and still sounds fantastic..

I did everything but the region free upgrade, I will never use it....

Also I figure I can apply my own blue goop, and hockey tape for better sound... :wink:

• Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,607
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

Also I figure I can apply my own blue goop, and hockey tape for better sound... :wink:

Don't forget to cover every square millimeter of the inside with a green Sharpie, just to be safe. :p
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,138
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Ok, someone fill me in... :#

Edit: a little search and I caught on.. LOL!!! I never saw that thread, glad Dan dosen't do work like that..

Your right, I dont :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)