What to do when you step in....

Thats right....dog ****. Do you throw the shoes out? Attempt to clean them with wooden shish ka bob skewers and a tootbrush after hosing them down, followed by a soaking of the bottoms w 409 cleaner? I will say...I am now the owner of 2 pairs of 💩 shoes which I can never wear in the house again. This has me thinking of a small business idea...

Comments

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    wow....for the record I used the P word and not the S word.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    wow....for the record I used the P word and not the S word.

Just use my pretend French spelling: "poupe" :p
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I can see the commercial now... "Billy Mays here... Did someone pass you the Poupon, and not the grey stuff? Now there's Poopoff!"
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64
    DSkip wrote: »
    Crappy choice of words either way.

No ****, huh?
  • kevhed72
    Favorite pair of sneakers and all...people not cleaning up after their dogs seems to be an issue in my neighborhood.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I use a bigger brush. Lots of soap if the shoes can handle it. Handle brush used to clean the tires on the car. Yep lots of hose spray and soap afterwards on the brush.

Don’t want any whitewalls turning into brown walls!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited October 2018
    Favorite pair of sneakers and all...people not cleaning up after their dogs seems to be an issue in my neighborhood.

I think Smith and Wesson already have a solution for that problem... ;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • kevhed72

I think Smith and Wesson already have a solution for that problem... ;)
    The lack of consideration of a few neighbors is amazing...
  • nooshinjohn
    I have a few like that by me as well. The area around us has more self-important jackwagons per square meter than anywhere else on the planet.

• kevhed72
    My idea is for shoe shaped disposable baggies....for protecting shoes against 💩 and other nastiness you could end up w on your shoes...any investors out there?
  • Viking64
    ...any investors out there?

$3.57
  • Viking64
    self-important jackwagons.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :p
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    My flip flops go through the wash. They are what I wear for the most part, because I don’t like wearing sneakers unless I’m doing more than just walking around. Sneakers get a hose, and a piece of mulch to try and get it out, because mulch is right there by the hose. :)
  • kevhed72
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    My flip flops go through the wash. They are what I wear for the most part, because I don’t like wearing sneakers unless I’m doing more than just walking around. Sneakers get a hose, and a piece of mulch to try and get it out, because mulch is right there by the hose. :)
    Thats it??? A hose and piece of mulch!?! Tell me you dont wear those in the house😂
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited October 2018
    ^^he walks on his hands, feet never touch the floor.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    edited October 2018
    Thats it??? A hose and piece of mulch!?! Tell me you dont wear those in the house😂

No, I don’t. :)
    I only use sneakers for playing sports and such. And, you’d be surprised by how well a small piece of mulch, “sharpened” on the sidewalk, gets that cr@p (literally) out of shoes.
    And, I don’t usually step in dog ****. I haven’t stepped in it for probably over 2 years now, and counting. For me, that is 3 pairs of shoes. (I keep needing bigger ones. :D )
    The censored word above is P - O - O - P, not a different word. :#
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited October 2018
    Dang man a garden hose does wonders. There is much worse to step in. How about your kid playing in the new tar they put in the road then walked throughout the house? Po op is trivial compared to that. Yea that night i was just about to be down one son..... those shoes never seen daylight again.
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    My flip flops go through the wash.

Then do you throw the washing machine away? (or do you use the dishwasher).

I would rather use a stick and some mulch. Just leave the shoes outside the front door for a few days and only put them on when you leave the house. After a few days of walking they will be clean enough to take inside.

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    edited October 2018
    One approach is to scrape the big chunks off on a curb and then go for a walk and scoot feet through the grass along the way. They should be clean of residue after a few miles but neighbors may think someone walking in circles like that in their neighborhood has been fighting the bottle and lost the battle.

• kevhed72
    True story....last year I was at a kids party at a huge, beautiful house hosted by a retired Exec. of Coke. They had one of those little yappy dogs who pooped outside and I unknowing stepped in it with my Vans. I then proceeded to walk through their beautiful house with **** on my shoe...didnt even know it until I got back in my car and could smell the small nugget stuck on my shoe.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Weather permitting . I am a lover of Crocs. Soles clean up real easy from dog poo. I own several pairs. A funny story a guy at work told me. His brother was at a wedding reception and took his Crocs off to shake it on the dance floor. And someone stole his Crocs. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    edited October 2018
    When I was a kid, three different times over the years random dogs cocked up their legs and "urinated" on my legs. One time I was flying a kite. Guess I was kind of slow. Maybe they thought I was a tree.
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,000
    I have never ever had to throw out shoes because of dog crap. Easy enough to clean off. There is a process.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Grass scraping and the hose on jet stream. Then sun dry. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    Lol I'm guessing you don't work in either the construction trade or farming where there's far worse things to constantly step in than an organic dog ****.
  • kevhed72
    Lol I'm guessing you don't work in either the construction trade or farming where there's far worse things to constantly step in than an organic dog ****.
    Far worse than...I cant think of much except maybe the human version or a dead corpse of some time (how timely for 🎃)
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    If I stepped into a decaying dead corpse, I'd throw away my shoes and my clothes that I surely would've hurled on.
    Besides that, I hear the smell might permeate the clothes anyway.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited October 2018
    I take them off put them in a bag, drive to the nearest Carpetland USA, put them back on and walk around the store pretending I want to buy something until I walk it off :s. I actually do the curb thing rub them in the grass, then put them up against the fence with the soiled bottoms facing me stand back about 15 feet set the hose to the stream position and let er rip.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)