Parasound HCA-2205AT 5-Channel Amps (2 for $1200) - Good Deal?

Options
Have an opportunity to buy 2 of these beasts locally. Cosmetics are good based on the photos. A few heat sink find on one of the amps are slightly bent, but in the back so not noticeabe. Looking to keep one and sell the other. I think $1200 is a good deal for these. Looking for other feedback.

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    If you like the price, go for it.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Offer him 1k for the 2.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • jayu969
    jayu969 Posts: 112
    Options
    I did offer $1k and he refused. Firm at $1200. I like them however will probably pass unless he comes down to $1k or so. Thanks.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    When he comes back to accept your 1K offer, offer him $800.00.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    edited October 2018
    Options
    There's better bang for the buck right here on the forum. That Carver in our for sale section had my attention until I just decided to quit shucking n jivin' and but buy a real amp that had no hours on it...if that's not an option..the Carver here looks very nice. Plus you know when you deal with a fellow polkie you can trust the product to be legit. At least all of my dealings here have been nothing but GREAT!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • jayu969
    Options
    Thanks for all of the feedback.
  • jayu969
    Options
    I will need to check out the Carver..thanks.
  • jayu969
    Options
    FYI. The guy is down to $1000 for the pair. I had some challenges trying to arrange a time and the guy blew up at me on Facebook...a few F-bom's were thrown my way. I decided NOT to deal with him.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    jayu969 wrote: »
    FYI. The guy is down to $1000 for the pair. I had some challenges trying to arrange a time and the guy blew up at me on Facebook...a few F-bom's were thrown my way. I decided NOT to deal with him.

Prob for the best....... Travis's Sunfire is still around IIRC @trav0810
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)