Did I Miss Anything Worthwhile?

I know a few people that are going to this tonight. Price seems reasonable. I appreciate LZ but I'm not a huge fan. I probably was exposed to too much of them in the 60's-70's. Just wondering if anyone has seen this presentation. Get the Led Out - The American Led Zeppelin.
vx36n6t7dbtl.jpg
24cflmn0qr3e.jpg

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    They have a huge following and sell out a big venue everytime they come around here. They put on a great show. If you have a chance to see them you should. Glad i did.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    edited October 2018
    I've not seen them personally, but I know a few who have, and they rave about them.
    About as close as you're going to get to the real deal - without Doc Brown's help.

Well, a check of their website shows that they are coming to Westbury on Nov 2, maybe
    I'll see if they live up to their rep?
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Thanks guys. I spoke with a lady that went, she took her children and grandchildren. They all loved it. She said there were seats and tickets available. This small arena is the fourth in size in the metro area, only 4,400 seats. I might have to catch it next time around.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    Yes, they are worth it. I've seen them twice and I'm going again tonight. I always enjoy their performance. Not better than the real thing, but still enjoyable. They even talk during the show about how they are paying tribute and in no way think they are equal to or better than the original.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Yes, they are worth it. I've seen them twice and I'm going again tonight. I always enjoy their performance. Not better than the real thing, but still enjoyable. They even talk during the show about how they are paying tribute and in no way think they are equal to or better than the original.

H9

Well, that cements it for me, going to order tickets now :)
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    The thing with them is they stay true to the studio recordings and don't do any improvisation. Most other tribute bands, do the live thing, and that's cool, but more common. The reason GTLO has 6 members is because that's what it takes to recreate the true studio recordings on stage.

So while my other favorite Zep tribute band "Kashmir Chicago" is also excellent doing the live interpretations of the Zep catalog, it's nice to hear powerful studio renditions as well. GTLO also has a much more varied set list than the typical "live" tribute band because they draw from the entire studio catalog. So you end up hearing songs that most tribute bands don't play since they were never played live by Zep in the day.

All in all a nice, enjoyable band. I encourage everyone to catch them when they come around.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    Saw them twice. Agree with what's been said, def worth going.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.