Sound bar keeps switching from Music (spotify/amazon music)

When I'm listening to any of the music apps while the TV is on, my Command Sound Bar keeps switching from the music I'm listening to, to the Tv imput and plays whatever is on Tv. How can I prevent this from happening. I'd like to play music while the tv is on at the same time.

Answers

• rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 4,753
    Do you use the arc input on the tv to connect to the soundbar? If so, then I don’t think you will be able to do what you want. The TV forces the receiver or soundbar to match its input. I have a receiver, but I stopped using the TVs ARC input for this very reason.
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio Nova Integrated; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; LG UP870 4K BDP

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine B, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, Squeezebox Touch
  • 2Monsters2Monsters Posts: 2
    I'm using the optical cable. It's gotta be the same reason though.