"100 Amplifiers" (of the vacuum tube kind, of course)

mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 19,542
edited September 29 in Electronics
You say you like amplifiers, do you?
You say, "hey, I'm lookin' for some cool ideas for amplifiers" -- do you?
Well, looky here:

http://lilienthalengineering.com/100-amplifiers-chapter-1/100-amplifiers-part-2-1945-54

In case you get the urge, say, to go Class B -- and leave fleapower far, far behind.

4cli7mzuypha.png

I take no responsiblily for the commentary on the amps' designs, nor on the author's idiosyncratically idiomatic English, but... a very cool site. Note that this is part 2 of 2; the first part features designs from 1916 to 1945 :)

Comments

• SIHABSIHAB Posts: 278
    Great link Doc!
    Does this mean...
  • verbverb Posts: 3,986
    My Bottlehead SEX is still sitting on the workbench. Winter project! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Project BoxE, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,604
    verb wrote: »
    My Bottlehead SEX is still sitting on the workbench. Winter project! :smile:

I hope you are at least bringing her food and water until then. :o