alitte amp help

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited April 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
k i was wondering how should i hook this system up

Hifonics Zeus Series z440
55 watts x 4 channels into 4 Ohms (stereo)
110 watts x 4 channels into 2 Ohms (stereo)
220 watts x 2 channels into 4 Ohms (bridged)

PolkMOMO 5.25 Component
Nominal Impedance 4 ohms
Power Handling (continuous) 150 w
Power Handling (peak) 250 w

PolkMOMO MMC690 6x9
Nominal Impedance 4 ohms
Power Handling (continuous) 100 w
Power Handling (peak) 300 w

USAmps 1000X
300 Watts x 2 into 4 Ohms
400 Watts x 2 into 3 Ohms
500 Watts x 2 into 2 Ohms
1000 Watts Bridged into 4 Ohms

2 PolkMOMO MM124 12inch Subs
Nominal Impedance 4 ohms
Power Handling (continuous) 500 w
Power Handling (peak) 1000 w

for the mids and the hifonics amp just hookem up normal then for the subs bridge them to 2ohms? or is that gonna work im kinda confused if anyone could help me that would be awsome. also if someone knows anything about car alarms i was looking into gettin a Clifford RS3.5 w/ Remote Start and a couple Piezo Sirens 120db, now would those sirens just cause they are so loud like screw with any of the speakers in my car and would i be better off saving money on installing the alarm myself or taking it somewhere. how much would that cost roughly? thnx agian polkies! ;)
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Systems
    edited April 2004
    also i forgot to mention i dont have it yet but its coming in a few

Alpine CDA-9831 CD/MP3/WMA Receiver
    18 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels
    4-volt front, rear and subwoofer preamp outputs
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited April 2004
    Well, depending on how much power you want going to each speaker, you will put one channel of that Hifonics to each speaker, or bridge the 4 channels into 2 and drive the fronts off the amp and the rears off the Alpine HU.
    Also, unless that USAmps 1000x is 1 ohm stable, you'll just hook each sub up to its own channel. They'll only get 300W each though. If you bridge the two channels and hook up the two subs in parallel, the sub will be "seeing" a 1 ohm load and can fry the amp if it's not designed for it.
    Correct me if I'm wrong guys. :)
    -Austin
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2004
    the USA-1000X is the wrong amp buddy
    you need the USA-1000
    i would bridge the 4 channel and run it to your comps and run teh 6x9s off the deck
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited April 2004
    like cody said, you need to see if you can exchange for the usa 1000, that one runs 1000x1 @ 2ohms.

hopefully you'll be able to exchange it....
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • AustinKP
    edited April 2004
    So by not saying I'm wrong, I'm assuming that I was right in my first response? If so, that means I'm learning! This is kinda exciting. You guys are awesome :)

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2004
    hey, someone called me awesome! only i didn't post here yet...

you mentioned an alarm - good idea. remote start's nice too, esp. if you've got a turbo. anyway, you asked if the noisemakers will screw w/ the other speakers - nope. those are just ear-piercingly loud, they won't mess with anything.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2004
    Im not a big fan of bridging a 4 channel amp or any amp for duty as anything other than a sub amp. The cool thing with bidging is that it lets the amp put out all the power it can make. The trouble with this is that it usually triples the level of distortion! this isnt a big deal working on a sub at 80 Hz and below but you get into the 3500 KHz range and its a whole 'nother ballgame. Going from .08% to .3% can make a big difference!

I would say go with the Zeus ZX4000 which is 100x2. It will be a lot cleaner than the ZX4400 bridged.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Systems
    edited April 2004
    its the z440 not nx4400 or whatever you were saying, how much does tint and car alarm installation ushually run for?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2004
    tint - no idea

car alarm - depends upon complexity. the more stuff, the more money. more sensors, better sensors (like motion), remote operation (pretty much a given, but hey whatever), more/better noisemakers. all kinds of stuff can drive up the price. i don't know where to start you for a baseline, but they can get pretty expensive.

you could always go with the range activated ones that say "Please step away from the car..." Or better yet, the World's Deadliest Car Theft Prevention Device - a pair of flamethrowers mounted on the bottom that point out to the side that are activated when the alarm is... i **** you not, someone actually built it (btw, the award is from the guinness book)
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • Systems
    edited April 2004
    yea ive herd like around 500$ but is it really that complicated to install one.. also if powerbydodge is reading this hes the man an id like to hear what he gots to say about this, hes helped me before and i was all set just i lost his email so im gonna write it down now if he posts something, ya i saw that alarm system before if only i had some flame throwers lying around :)
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2004
    your basic alarm, as in if you hit the car, itll go off, starter kill, or when you open the door itll go off and tint with a lifetime warranty will run you about $200 installed if you look for stores with tint and alarm specials
    if you dont have electrical door locks add $50
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2004
    Originally posted by kccpzta
    its the z440 not nx4400 or whatever you were saying

Excuse the hell out of me!

The ZX4400 is the Zeus 4 channel that puts out 55x4. The ZX4000 is the Zeus 2 channel that puts out 100x2. Ive never heard of the Z440.

Maybe its an older model or something. I dont know much more about Hifonics than what is on their website so I cant say.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • AustinKP
    edited April 2004
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    Excuse the hell out of me!
    :D LOL

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12