Been gone a long time, but need help!

Hello all, it has been a number of years since I have posted on the forum.
I am going to have to spend some time finding out who is still around from the old days and how everyone is doing.

I just move and the 1.2TL’s survived the move, but 2 of my SL3000 tweeters did not. I don’t have the money right now to order all new tweeters. Does anyone have 2 SL3000 tweeters to sell?

Thanks,
Jeff Hogan

Comments

• rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 4,755
    Clipdat wrote: »

Those are RDO-198s.
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio Nova Integrated; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; LG UP870 4K BDP

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine B, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, Squeezebox Touch
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,965
    Ah, my mistake. The auction description tricked me.
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Ah, my mistake. The auction description tricked me.

I agree it was confusing.
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio Nova Integrated; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; LG UP870 4K BDP

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine B, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, Squeezebox Touch
  • delkaldelkal Posts: 345
    Looking at the schematics all 4 tweeters are in the "normal" (not SDA) signal path but they all have slightly different crossover points. If you are unable to find 2 SL3000 tweeters I would be temped to substitute a pair of RDO198s.

Just make sure you replace the same right left pair on each speaker with the RDOs. Dont just put the rdos anywhere. I guarantee you will not hear a difference.

One of the tweeter pairs had a rather high ohm resistor in its path. This will give the standard crossover point but with reduced volume. If you think you can pick the 2 RDOs out of the 8 try them in that position.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 40,631
    Picking out the RD0198 verses the SL3000 is easy peazy. If one can't hear the difference you could be very happy with a Bose Wave radio.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• JayCeeJayCee Posts: 332
    @warlocks1, I just moved back to the US (my 1.2tl's survived from Germany) and have household goods that were in storage. The storarge shipment is in-transit from Maryland and should be delivered by 1 Oct. I have a stash of 3000's and can help. Would be able to ship around 1st week of Oct, if not earlier. Let's say $40 shipped CONUS for the pair? No problem if you find something else in the meantime.
  • warlocks1warlocks1 Posts: 1,187
    Awesome. Thanks.

edited September 23
    I'll let you know when they arrive. Give me a nudge if you haven't heard anything after the 5th. :-)
    Nice offer @JayCee! Welcome back!
    HT Rig:

Master Bedroom
    Thanks.
    I see Jesse is still hear so at least I know someone
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,330
    warlocks1 wrote: »
    Thanks.
    I see Jesse is still hear so at least I know someone

My name is Micah, nice to meet you.
    Now you know someone else. ;) :)
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • xschopxschop Posts: 875
    F1 for the reality check lol. Avoid any audio product that rhymes with blows.
    Thanks Micah!

Jesse tells it like he sees it. Always has, always will
  • verbverb Posts: 4,009
    Welcome back @warlocks1 !
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Project BoxE, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 40,631
    Hi Jeff, welcome back. B)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

rooftop59 wrote: »
    Nice offer @JayCee! Welcome back!

Thanks and thanks! :smile:

@warlocks1, just received word the moving company will deliver, Thursday. Hope to locate the box with the tweeters this weekend.