Monster HT build still going

2»

Comments

• krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    edited September 2018
    You keep buying your meat from the store. It's my choice to hunt for mine. It's very clean meat with no poisonous preservatives and steroids like the meat you buy at your grocery store.

Yeah, but do you eat it raw tough guy?cej8zdmctyr0.jpg
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Um...yea that was pretty clear that ken was joking...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • With all due respect, it's kinda hard to tell if people are serious about the "hunting" topic these days. I get a lot of flack from people on other forums that are serious about buying meat instead of hunting for it. But then again it's a decision on both side to choose to hunt or buy our meat. No disrespect intended.😎
  • rooftop59
    If you spend much time on this forum you would realize two things:
    1. Ken’s sense of humor
    2. This forum leans very conservative...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • rooftop59
    lightman1 wrote: »
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    1. Ken’s sense of humor

I lean a bit too, Paul.....
    But it's mostly from the 12th beer taking effect....

Well that is impressive lightman! My lean kicks in much earlier!!!
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    edited September 2018
    Try telling that to Uncle Ted... :)
  • rooftop59 wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    1. Ken’s sense of humor

Well that is impressive lightman! My lean kicks in much earlier!!!

Russ’s tolerance is legendary.

You mainly know he’s hit his limit when he grabs the bottle and just drinks straight from it lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • lightman1 wrote: »
    1. Ken’s sense of humor

And you appreciate my sense of humor, lol... That could be the 12th beer as well though.
  • Working on 7th or 8th right now. I can't remember.
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    With my last amp I can have 7875 watts of power (375 wpc @ 4ohm X 21 channels) but I'm running 8ohm speakers X 21 channels for 4200 watts.
    You plan to use all 21 channels? At the moment I have 15 channels, using 13 plus 5 powered subs @ 150 each... Thirteen times 120/160*/200**... * CC amp connected to three. 4 ohm drivers. LR tweeters** also 4 ohms but I’d be surprised if they get 15% of that @ full volume. Surrounds** essentially 4 ohms below 200hz.
    Is 4 20amp circuits gonna be enough?
    In a word yes. The total draw regardless of speaker load shouldn’t vary a lot. If I’ve done the math correctly, a single 20A circuit can safely deliver 2400 Watts... ...times four circuits... Ok so the more knowledgeable will say (rightfully) it doesn’t quite work as neatly as that, but you should be OOOKay...

I agree on a dedicated circuit just for your prepro/AVR, BD, TV, those items.

W/out the specifics on your amp deployment, I can’t advise if 4 dedicated circuits would be enough. I’m not clear on your sub* config* details either.

On different note...If I see your system correctly, you’re runnin’ 7.X in approx the same square footage** as me (including an open floor plan) but w/a taller** ceiling.
    **flat 8’ ceiling; technically 5.5 - see my other post

Enjoy! Tony
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • schatzi2015
    schatzi2015 Posts: 91
    edited September 2018
    With the last amp in place I'll have 21 channels with 19 being used.
    1-B&K Reference 200.7 (200wpc x 7) to run 2 surrounds, 2 surround backs and 2 rear heights.
    1 B&K Reference 7250 (200wpc x 5) to run 2 fronts, 2 front wides and 1center channel.
    1 B&K Reference 200.2 (200wpc x 2) to run 2 in ceiling speakers.
    1 B&K Reference 200.7 (200wpc x 7) to run 6 Kinergetics sub towers. Two pairs are the SW800 models that have 5 10" sub in each tower. And one pair of the SW800 "mini" towers that have 3 10" subs in each tower. A total of 26 10" subs.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    1-B&K Reference 200.7 (200wpc x 7) to run 2 surrounds, 2 surround backs and 2 rear heights.
    1 B&K Reference 7250 (200wpc x 5) to run 2 fronts, 2 front wides and 1center channel.
    1 B&K Reference 200.7 (200wpc x 7) to run 6 Kinergetics sub towers. Two pairs are the SW800 models that have 5 10" sub in each tower. And one pair of the SW800 "mini" towers that have 3 10" subs in each tower. A total of 26 10" subs.

Overkill much :lol:
    Only kidding, that sounds amazing!
    You’ll have to post a video of you shaking things off of tables, breaking windows, etc. :wink:
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021

That my friend is INSANE. And I mean that in the best way possible.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Indeed. Just worried about under powering all of these amps. I know starving these things for power is not a good idea.
  • Does anybody agree with the dedicated earth ground for my 4 dedicated circuits? Will this make a difference?
  • Does anybody agree with the dedicated earth ground for my 4 dedicated circuits? Will this make a difference?

@lightman1
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Does anybody agree with the dedicated earth ground for my 4 dedicated circuits? Will this make a difference?

It might help to deliver cleaner power and lower your noise floor. I used to hear random buzzing noises in my 2-channel rig. After extracting the grounds from the Romex feeding my dedicated circuits and fastening them to an external ground lug (outside of the breaker box), the buzzing never came back.

One thing to try to do is make sure all 4 circuits are on the same side of the panel as I’ve heard otherwise you could get some issues
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Does anybody agree with the dedicated earth ground for my 4 dedicated circuits? Will this make a difference?

@lightman1

Should be fine. But there is a possibility of grounding potential difference.
    The grounding conductor in the romex back to the mains will work just fine without having to run a separate driven ground.
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Love the pics.

How are you XOing those subs? Do they all receive the same signal?
    IIRC 2 powered & 4 passive? 4 w/5 drivers; 2 w/3 drivers.
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited October 2018
    Each 20 amp circuit can deliver 2400 watts, but code requires a 20% buffer, so the maximum draw per 20 amp circuit should not exceed 1920 watts. Add up the possible maximum wattage draw of your gear to figure out how many circuits you'll need.

This is important, you want 10 gauge wire. Yes, 12 gauge will pass code, but with all the subs you're running you need 10 gauge. Don't let your electrician talk you out of it, most have no clue about audio.

Almost forgot to mention, you'll need good aftermarket power cords for those amps. The stock 16 gauge ones are not going to cut it. Get some high quality outlets too.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Thanks for the tip on the power delivery. I was gonna look into after market cords but didn't know if it would make a difference.

I'm using a Behringer DCX2496 Ultra-Drive Pro for the subs. Just got it so I'm still playing with it. Not at all familiar with this type of crossover. Only two sub towers currently running and it sounds pretty impressive. Huge difference from the Kinergetics SW800C electronic crossover.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,494
    Whole house TVSS and more power or ....
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears