Karma: Supra Quadrax speaker wire pair - 8 ft + 6 ft length

2»

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    Last call
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    edited September 2018
    muncybob wrote: »
    Very cool....in with 62.

Random number generator says you win!!

- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Congrats!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    PM sent. Thanks!!!!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    muncybob wrote: »
    PM sent. Thanks!!!!

Lucky Dog . . . Congrats!

Please post your thoughts, as I'm thinking of springing for some of this
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • muncybob
    Will do, but won't be for several weeks. I'll be using these in my rig once it is relocated after new carpeting is installed and new rack is purchased.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • I was given a 3 meter pair of the Quadrax, pre terminated from factory. It was from someone who worked for the Seattle based distribution at that time ( https://www.sjofnhifi.net/contact ).
    They are now the cables I use in my main system, between Odyssey Kismet amp and Tekton Moab speakers. I really do like them. I did recently notice they were assembled wrong, with the red and black tied together and the white/blue. I don't know if that makes any real audible difference or not. I was considering getting new ends and redoing it right, but I have been using them for over 3 years now, do you think it worth the trouble?
  • VR3
    not sure you if you are spam... but as long as they are wired the same on each end you will be. no damage will occur but Supra does recommend wiring it differently
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    17!
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    5h14zrxo13wv.gif
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3 wrote: »
    not sure you if you are spam... but as long as they are wired the same on each end you will be. no damage will occur but Supra does recommend wiring it differently

Not Spam, just wanted your thoughts. I can find very few people with any knowledge of the cable online. I know it wont hurt anything, and VERY unlikely it will be an audible difference.
  • msg
    edited January 2022
    VR3 wrote: »

I don't know about you @brad1138 but I wouldn't be able to sleep if I had these cables and they weren't wired as Supra recommends.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Quit playing with the spam....
  • muncybob
    Seeing this pop up reminds me I never gave my impression of these. First off I will say they are not easy for a novice like me to work with. With that aside, love them. I certainly don;t have the golden ears I once had but to me they have the rig sounding pretty damned good. The Mrs. would rather not see them between the amp and speakers but there is no way for me to hide them. Fortunately she has learned to live with them :)
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    edited January 2022
    rebelsoul wrote: »
    In with 22

Should have added 40😁
    jcqx4fjfd3gl.png
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • VR3
    Hey that was 4 years ago... Today is a new day
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    But, to clarify...with the Supra quad speaker wire: the red and blue wires should be stranded together on both ends, and the black/white wires stranded together on both ends. From there, it is up to the user, but I would recommend using the pair with the RED cable for the + connection, and the pair with the BLACK cable for the - connection.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • muncybob
    Yep, that is how they are wired for me. Why certain color mating would make a difference is beyond me as long as both ends are identical.