Bosch tv series on Amazon....what is in his stereo rig?

We've been enjoying season 1 of this Amazon series. In the final episode of this season(#10) his very nice looking stereo rig is shown several times....can anybody ID the pieces?
Yep, my name really is Bob.
Parasound HCA1500, Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Oppo BDP93, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B.

Comments

• EmlynEmlyn Posts: 2,343
    The speakers are made by Ohm and the rest of the gear is vintage tube/vinyl...

https://ohmspeaker.com/news/ohm-goes-to-the-movies/

Of course, the speakers in the photo don't appear to be connected to the amp with speaker wire which is fairly common on TV and movie sets. And, Harry Bosch doesn't believe in room treatments. :)

I often find myself observing and identifying the audio gear placed in movies and miss part of the plot as a result!
    1. Polk LSiM707, 704C, 703; Dual SVS SB2000 subwoofers; Marantz SR7011 receiver; Parasound A23 amp; Oppo 205; Toshiba HD-DVD Player; Sony 65" 4K TV; FIOS; PS Audio Power Plant Premier; MIT S2 cables
    2. JM Labs Electra 920.1; Parasound JC2 Preamp; Sonic Frontiers Power 2 amp; Sony HAP-Z1ES; Oppo 105D; Music Hall MMF7 and Acoustech phono pre; PS Audio P1000; MIT S1 Cables
    3. Polk LSiM703; Pioneer Elite SC97 receiver; Oppo 203; Squeezebox Touch; MIT S3 cables
  • muncybobmuncybob Posts: 2,068
    I thought they were Ohms...speakers I have yet to hear in person.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500, Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Oppo BDP93, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,146
    They sound fantastic!

I've only owned and heard the 2's but they were like DCM Time Windows and SDA's.

Just a side note: The Ohm 4"s on that set are not placed correctly. They should be in line with the windows, and the logo plates to the inside. Then the magic happens. The speakers disappear. As the sound source that is.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    I also spot electronics and speakers in movies and quickly tell my wife, hey! Those are Polk's LS90's in that room or McIntosh amps.

She usually just says or mumbles...aha. :)
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,573
    Emlyn wrote: »
    I often find myself observing and identifying the audio gear placed in movies and miss part of the plot as a result!

Same. Remember the Geico commercial with the JBL L100's?
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD C352, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    Yep.
    I told my wife about them too.

She didn't seem to care. :(
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 5,029
    edited August 2018
    McIntosh 240 amp.
    Good show!
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,573
    Tony M wrote: »
    Yep.
    I told my wife about them too.

She didn't seem to care. :(

That’s about what happened here too.
    “Hey guys, look, those are JBL L100’s!”
    My whole family unanimously says “Shut up!”
    :wink:
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD C352, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.