A few CD box sets (and one lp box set) for sale

pglbook
pglbook Posts: 2,163
edited August 2018 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have the following box sets for sale. All are CD box sets with the exception of the last listing (the Grateful Dead box set, which is the recent RSD lp box set). All items are in mint condition. Please see description for each item. I can send photos upon request. Media mail shipping is $5 extra per item (I can also combine shipping on multiple orders). Payment by check or money order (sorry, no pay pal). Each item will be packed well, wrapped in bubble wrap, and shipped in a sturdy box. I will also insure each item and provide a tracking # to Buyer upon shipping. Items will be shipped immediately upon receipt of a money order and 7 days upon receipt of a check (to allow time for check to clear). Thank you.

(1) Charlie Parker: The Complete Savoy and Dial Studio Recordings 1944-1948 (8 CD, Atlantic, 2000). Opened and not sealed but in perfect condition, even with the original wraparound band. $60

(2) Bob Dylan: The 1966 Live Recordings (36 CD, Sony Legacy, 2016). $102

(3) Sun Ra: The Eternal Myth Revealed, Volume One (14 CD, Transparency, 2011). Brand New and sealed. I recommend this set for the hardcore Sun Ra fan, and not for those seeking an entry point to Sun Ra, because the box set, in addition some Sun Ra music, also has lots of interviews and commentary, in addition to a lot of music that influenced the early Sun Ra (like Fletcher Henderson, etc.). In short, this is a historical overview of how Sun Ra became Sun Ra. Please google this set if you are not familiar with it so you can get an idea of its contents. It is a great box set. I have it myself and love it but it is for the serious Sun Ra fan. It has been out-of-print for years and is pretty scarce, especially new and sealed. $115

(4) Bob Dylan SACD 16 SACD Limited Edition box set. (16 CD, Columbia, 2003). Brand new and sealed. CDs play in both SACD and regular CD players. I have this listed in a separate thread (with lots of pics in that post) but decided to also include it here for those that may have missed that other post. $265

(5) Grateful Dead: Fillmore West 2/27/69: RSD 2018 4lp box set. (4lp, Rhino, 2018). 180gram vinyl. Opened and not sealed but in mint condition; lps never played. Limited Edition of 9000 (unnumbered) copies. 4lps, but please note that side 8 is an etched side. $75

Comments

• pglbook
    edited August 2018
    I just noticed that I unwittingly omitted to list the condition of the Dylan 1966 Live Recordings box set. It is opened and not sealed but is in mint condition.

Also, I think I have priced things fairly. I checked eBay and tried to price things lower than any eBay listings (of similar condition) I had seen. However, if my pricing is off on any item, please let me know via pm as I want to be fair and give fellow Polkies a good deal. All of these items are things which I bought but either ended up not listening to, or are duplicate items (for example, the Grateful Dead Fillmore West lp box; I have the Fillmore West CD box set so decided I did not need that show in both CD and lp formats).

Thanks.

• pglbook
    Prices reduced on the following items:

Bob Dylan The 1966 Live Recordings (36 CD) $100

Sun Ra The Eternal Myth Revealed, Volume One (14 CD) $110

Bob Dylan SACD box set (16 CD) $260

• pglbook
    edited August 2018
    Updated list, reflecting a few price decreases. Thanks.

(1) Charlie Parker: The Complete Savoy and Dial Studio Recordings 1944-1948 (8 CD, Atlantic, 2000). Opened and not sealed but in perfect condition, even with the original wraparound band. $57

(2) Bob Dylan: The 1966 Live Recordings (36 CD, Sony Legacy, 2016). Opened and not sealed, but everything is in mint condition. $100

(3) Sun Ra: The Eternal Myth Revealed, Volume One (14 CD, Transparency, 2011). Brand New and sealed. I recommend this set for the hardcore Sun Ra fan, and not for those seeking an entry point to Sun Ra, because the box set, in addition some Sun Ra music, also has lots of interviews and commentary, in addition to a lot of music that influenced the early Sun Ra (like Fletcher Henderson, etc.). In short, this is a historical overview of how Sun Ra became Sun Ra. Please google this set if you are not familiar with it so you can get an idea of its contents. It is a great box set. I have it myself and love it but it is for the serious Sun Ra fan. It has been out-of-print for years and is pretty scarce, especially new and sealed. $108

(4) Bob Dylan SACD 16 SACD Limited Edition box set. (16 CD, Columbia, 2003). Brand new and sealed. CDs play in both SACD and regular CD players. I have this listed in a separate thread (with lots of pics in that post) but decided to also include it here for those that may have missed that other post. $260

(5) Grateful Dead: Fillmore West 2/27/69: RSD 2018 4lp box set. (4lp, Rhino, 2018). 180gram vinyl. Opened and not sealed but in mint condition; lps never played. Limited Edition of 9000 (unnumbered) copies. 4lps, but please note that side 8 is an etched side. $75
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Isn't it Charlie Parker's birthday today?
  • pglbook
    edited August 2018
    dromunds wrote: »
    Isn't it Charlie Parker's birthday today?

One day off...his birthday was actually yesterday: 8/29/20 - 3/12/55.

Although he was only 34 when he died, Bird was in such bad physical shape that the coroner who did the autopsy initially thought he was 55 or 60.

• pglbook
    I can now also accept pay pal payments. Thanks.
  • pglbook
    The Grateful Dead Fillmore West (RSD 2018) 4lp box set is now SOLD.
  • pglbook
    Updated list and a few price reductions (Charlie Parker, Sun Ra box sets).

(1) Charlie Parker: The Complete Savoy and Dial Studio Recordings 1944-1948 (8 CD, Atlantic, 2000). Opened and not sealed but in perfect condition, even with the original wraparound band. $55

(2) Bob Dylan: The 1966 Live Recordings (36 CD, Sony Legacy, 2016). Opened and not sealed, but everything is in mint condition. $100

(3) Sun Ra: The Eternal Myth Revealed, Volume One (14 CD, Transparency, 2011). Brand New and sealed. I recommend this set for the hardcore Sun Ra fan, and not for those seeking an entry point to Sun Ra, because the box set, in addition some Sun Ra music, also has lots of interviews and commentary, in addition to a lot of music that influenced the early Sun Ra (like Fletcher Henderson, etc.). In short, this is a historical overview of how Sun Ra became Sun Ra. Please google this set if you are not familiar with it so you can get an idea of its contents. It is a great box set. I have it myself and love it but it is for the serious Sun Ra fan. It has been out-of-print for years and is pretty scarce, especially new and sealed. $105

(4) Bob Dylan SACD Limited Edition box set. (16 CD, Columbia, 2003). Brand new and sealed. CDs play in both SACD and regular CD players. I have this listed in a separate thread (with lots of pics in that post) but decided to also include it here for those that may have missed that other post. $260

• pglbook
    The Charlie Parker box set is now SOLD.
  • pglbook
    Updated list of what is left for sale. Thanks.

(1) Bob Dylan: The 1966 Live Recordings (36 CD, Sony Legacy, 2016). Opened and not sealed, but everything is in mint condition. $100

(2) Sun Ra: The Eternal Myth Revealed, Volume One (14 CD, Transparency, 2011). Brand New and sealed. I recommend this set for the hardcore Sun Ra fan, and not for those seeking an entry point to Sun Ra, because the box set, in addition some Sun Ra music, also has lots of interviews and commentary, in addition to a lot of music that influenced the early Sun Ra (like Fletcher Henderson, etc.). In short, this is a historical overview of how Sun Ra became Sun Ra. Please google this set if you are not familiar with it so you can get an idea of its contents. It is a great box set. I have it myself and love it but it is for the serious Sun Ra fan. It has been out-of-print for years and is pretty scarce, especially new and sealed. $105

(3) Bob Dylan SACD Limited Edition box set. (16 CD, Columbia, 2003). Brand new and sealed. CDs play in both SACD and regular CD players. I have this listed in a separate thread (with lots of pics in that post) but decided to also include it here for those that may have missed that other post. $260
  • pglbook
    edited September 2018
  • pglbook
    edited September 2018
    The Bob Dylan 1966 Live Recordings (36 CD) box set is now also SOLD.

Below is an Updated list of the last 2 remaining items for sale. Thanks.

(1) Bob Dylan SACD Limited Edition box set. (16 CD, Columbia, 2003). Brand new and sealed. CDs play in both SACD and regular CD players. I have this listed in a separate thread (with lots of pics in that post) but decided to also include it here for those that may have missed that other post. $260

(2) Sun Ra: The Eternal Myth Revealed, Volume One (14 CD, Transparency, 2011). Brand New and sealed. I recommend this set for the hardcore Sun Ra fan, and not for those seeking an entry point to Sun Ra, because the box set, in addition some Sun Ra music, also has lots of interviews and commentary, in addition to a lot of music that influenced the early Sun Ra (like Fletcher Henderson, etc.). In short, this is a historical overview of how Sun Ra became Sun Ra. Please google this set if you are not familiar with it so you can get an idea of its contents. It is a great box set. I have it myself and love it but it is for the serious Sun Ra fan. It has been out-of-print for years and is scarce, especially new and sealed. ** Please also see the link to the All Music review of this box set in my prior post** $105

• pglbook
    Buy last 2 remaining box sets and save $15: $350 (plus $5 shipping) if anyone wants to buy both box sets.

(1) Bob Dylan SACD Limited Edition box set. (16 CD, Columbia, 2003). Brand new and sealed. CDs play in both SACD and regular CD players. I have this listed in a separate thread (with lots of pics in that post) but decided to also include it here for those that may have missed that other post. $260

(2) Sun Ra: The Eternal Myth Revealed, Volume One (14 CD, Transparency, 2011). Brand New and sealed. I recommend this set for the hardcore Sun Ra fan, and not for those seeking an entry point to Sun Ra, because the box set, in addition some Sun Ra music, also has lots of interviews and commentary, in addition to a lot of music that influenced the early Sun Ra (like Fletcher Henderson, etc.). In short, this is a historical overview of how Sun Ra became Sun Ra. Please google this set if you are not familiar with it so you can get an idea of its contents. It is a great box set. I have it myself and love it but it is for the serious Sun Ra fan. It has been out-of-print for years and is scarce, especially new and sealed. ** Please also see the link to the All Music review of this box set in my prior post** $105
  • pglbook
    Price reduced to $255 (plus additional $5 for media mail shipping with postal insurance) on the Bob Dylan SACD box set. Payment by pay pal friends/family.

Bob Dylan SACD Limited Edition box set. (16 CD, Columbia, 2003). Brand new and sealed. CDs play in both SACD and regular CD players. I have this listed in a separate thread (with lots of pics in that post) but decided to also include it here for those that may have missed that other post. $255

• pglbook
    Updated list with final price reductions noted. Payment by pay pal friends/family. Media mail shipping, with postal insurance, is $5 extra. Thanks.

(1) Bob Dylan SACD Limited Edition box set. (16 CD, Columbia, 2003). Brand new and sealed. CDs play in both SACD and regular CD players. I have this listed in a separate thread (with lots of pics in that post) but decided to also include it here for those that may have missed that other post. $255

(2) Sun Ra: The Eternal Myth Revealed, Volume One (14 CD, Transparency, 2011). Brand New and sealed. I recommend this set for the hardcore Sun Ra fan, and not for those seeking an entry point to Sun Ra, because the box set, in addition some Sun Ra music, also has lots of interviews and commentary, in addition to a lot of music that influenced the early Sun Ra (like Fletcher Henderson, etc.). In short, this is a historical overview of how Sun Ra became Sun Ra. Please google this set if you are not familiar with it so you can get an idea of its contents. It is a great box set. I have it myself and love it but it is for the serious Sun Ra fan. It has been out-of-print for years and is scarce, especially new and sealed. ** Please also see the link to the All Music review of this box set in my prior post** $100