VELODYNE DLS-3500R SUBWOOFER WITH REMOTE - $125 + Actual Shipping Cost

2»

Comments

• Have you heard/felt it compared to an SVS sub of equal value?

Yes, and the SVS will have an advantage, but at the cost of a larger form factor. The micropro was made to fit places regular subs cant, while still providing good output and it does that.

My FIL also doenst need a sub that plumbs the depths (my MIL cant stand bass at all for some reason), so size does matter.

My loft it also on the second floor, so I get added floor vibrations I dont on my slab first floor, so the Micropro works great.

So I agree the SVS is better all around, but the MicroPro is quite good, and more easily hidden. I also like the MicroPro for music over my other subs, I feel its got a bit more finesse, but thats just my opinion.

I've had ears on quite a few subs in my time, both DIY and regular, so I'm aware of the trade off's it has, and for what it is, its quite good.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • The SVS SB2000 is about the same height about a 1/2 inch taller and 1 inch deeper and about 1'wider. It's beyond marginally better. The SVS doesn't walk around on the floor like the MP2K .To stop it from walking I had to put a sub dude under it which then nullifies the footprint advantage in my case.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • The SVS SB2000 is about the same height about a 1/2 inch taller and 1 inch deeper and about 1'wider. It's beyond marginally better. The SVS doesn't walk around on the floor like the MP2K .To stop it from walking I had to put a sub dude under it which then nullifies the footprint advantage in my case.

Makes sense. In my case I'm not using it to crank out SPL like I do downstairs, I'm using mine just to fill out the bottom end from about 60hz to 30hz. Anything more it does is just gravy......
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)