PS Audio is moving and growing

F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,709
They are moving across the street to a new larger building and in it will be a state-of-the-art SACD recording/mastering studio, which is fantastic news!!!
Gus Skinnas' new SACD Center mastering studio is finished and equipment is being hoisted up the stairs and plugged in. Soon, some of the world's best recordings will come out of this new state of the art studio.
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    I do like their business model. Good people. Great news about the new SACD studio.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    F1nut wrote: »
    They are moving across the street to a new larger building and in it will be a state-of-the-art SACD recording/mastering studio, which is fantastic news!!!
    Gus Skinnas' new SACD Center mastering studio is finished and equipment is being hoisted up the stairs and plugged in. Soon, some of the world's best recordings will come out of this new state of the art studio.

Yea, but you are a vinyl enthusiast now. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Looking forward to another Source for SACD's, keep us informed.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I heard about this on Paul McGowans YT channel. Also saw a few shots of the new building, looks like a nice big space.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    DSkip wrote: »
    That’s good to hear. Do they have any recording experience prior? Are there any other American companies doing this?

Rosso Fiorentino has a recording space and they record in hi res and DSD as well. They also have a live venue. I’m glad to see an American company doing the same.

Gus Skinnas is a mastering veteran, but I doubt Paul or his son have any experience.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    F1nut wrote: »
    That’s good to hear. Do they have any recording experience prior? Are there any other American companies doing this?

Rosso Fiorentino has a recording space and they record in hi res and DSD as well. They also have a live venue. I’m glad to see an American company doing the same.

Gus Skinnas is a mastering veteran, but I doubt Paul or his son have any experience.

What I've gathered from watching PSA is that they align themselves with great people and learn from the best.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124

David Wilson (Wilson Audio) was a recording master before he started spreakers
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    I heard about this on Paul McGowans YT channel. Also saw a few shots of the new building, looks like a nice big space.

I have been enjoying some of his content on Youtube the last few months. Definitely worth a look.

• Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,000
    As someone who has recently purchased a PSA product (see signature) I am happy to see that they are healthy and expanding.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette