MTV - 37 years ago today - August 1,1981

Options
And they were only on the air some of the time at first

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,331
    Options
    It used to be great. Haven't watched it since they moved away from music and went to reality shows decades ago. They took a great thing and ruined it.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,800
    Options
    It's a program that needs to die.........oh wait, it already did.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    I watch MTV Classic all the time. MTV Live (Palladia), too. Every time I'd be scanning the Dish channel guide, the only thing on the regular MTV channel would be a show called Catfish. I thought it was an angling show on sports fishing. Turns out it's about internet people pretending to be someone else. I've never seen the show, but I had to Google the term "catfish". Let's say @msg strikes up an online relationship with a thirty year old lady he met on the interwebs, then later he travels across the country to meet her only to find out that she's a fifty year old "he". That sort of thing. I warned him! I hear they are trying to work things out. :open_mouth:
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,120
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Worst thing that ever happened was MTV buying Palladia.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,983
    Options
    Classic example of a good thing totally screwed up by clowns in positions of power.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited August 2018
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    Classic example of a good thing totally screwed up by clowns in positions of power.
    Hmmm, where else has that happened before?? :o

We all know the Buggles (Video Killed the Radio Star) had the first video. Without looking it up, who remembers who and what was the 2nd??
    Winner gets a cookie if they're the first one to post the answer....
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    Options
    Billy Squier pink tutu comes to mind
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Billy Squier pink tutu comes to mind

This one??? :/

https://youtu.be/QX926qhLjRA
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    edited August 2018
    Options
    yea I read it wrong I thought he was looking for the video that KILLED MTV....

one of Pat Benatar's I believe was the second...
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    one of Pat Benatar's I believe was the second...

You are correct,Sir “You Better Run" by Pat Benatar
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    I blame the Flock os Seagulls on MTV. And wall of voodoo... And this https://youtu.be/aQZJUcyBVto
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.