CNH...?

2»

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Glad you found the link and welcome back
  • F1nut wrote: »
    Steve (littlewoodenboats) was having health issues. I'm not sure how that turned out. Great guy, I wish him all the best.

I would like to revisit our amplifier discussions if we may? The rebuilt Yamaha on its own through the 7's does not agrivate my tinitus. The Big Sky Audio upgraded 585 is a big time amp but seems to lack clarity at low power.

I did the Yamaha rebuild and pulled the Adcom putting the CA-1000 as the driver for a 2.1 system. I have no clue.why but taking the Adcom out of the system stopped the ringing.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Harmonics would be my guess.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• littlewoodboats
    littlewoodboats Posts: 823
    edited June 2019
    F1nut wrote: »

Doctors over perscring pills can cause a multitude of issues. Hearing isuses seem to be on the top level of problems. When we talked the Yamaha was the go to amp for the center channel due to clarity, non aggrivating to my tinnitus. Spending most of my life in the enginerring spaces of ships at sea dual levels of hearing protection were not good enough

When the Adcom was paired with the GFP 750 or the Dared it seemed nice. With the Outlaw it is now totally abrasive. Having been over prescribed opoids for two years who knows at this point.

There is probably nothing wrong with the amp but my ears are the issue. I am open to suggestions. All I want is to hear the music.

The series II monitor 7's with the sonicaps and mills resistors are the smothest speakers I have heard in my locality.

I have a friend who recently spent 3K at Best Buy and Klipsh sucks. Even he says the 7's are less abusive on the high end.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    edited June 2019
    There is probably nothing wrong with the amp but my ears are the issue. I am open to suggestions. All I want is to hear the music.
    Wouldn't normally use an equalizer but, perhaps, research tuning the sound around your tinnitus? Pick the lesser of two evils.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • littlewoodboats
    edited June 2019
    JayCee wrote: »
    Wouldn't normally use an equalizer but, perhaps, research tuning the sound around your tinnitus? Pick the lesser of two evils.

I agree eq is the lesser of the evils. The White Instruments eq's I have are excelent units but make no change in my hearing. The waterfall plots in eq wizard show little to no difference one amp to the other.

Melody cannot hear a radical difference but to my ears it is everything. For whatever reason it is the Adcom causing the ringing.

The MIT cables are the saving grace. When my hearing stared to fail I tried everything to see if it would make a difference. When Unkle Jesse hooked me up with the deal on cables my wife was going to have his **** on a platter. I called him and told him my wife was going to shoot him in his goodies. When swaping things around I took the MIT's out to put the Signal Cables back in. I turned everything back on and Melody came out of the back room to ask what was wrong with the stereo.

I know I am going deaf I just want to prolong things as long as possible
    Post edited by littlewoodboats on
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    I agree eq is the lesser of the evils...
    I have a suggestion. Not trying to be a jerk, but... How about starting a new discussion thread, instead of continuing to post in one titled with the username of a member who doesn't hang here anymore?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited June 2019
    anonymouse wrote: »
    Time flies.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

vcaz8f15pcc5.png
  • littlewoodboats
    edited June 2019
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    anonymouse wrote: »
    Time flies.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

vcaz8f15pcc5.png

Going to the Grouch mentality I would never belong to a club that would have someone like me as a member.

I have a JBL Paragon for a tv stand. With the MC40's and a Velmen passive pre it is what I would consider tolerable. Blasting the 1812 overture on July 4 seems to be my reason for being.
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    I agree eq is the lesser of the evils...
    I have a suggestion. Not trying to be a jerk, but... How about starting a new discussion thread, instead of continuing to post in one titled with the username of a member who doesn't hang here anymore?

Because I feel no need to be special. Being a nobody suits me. No jerks taken
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Steve, the idea is you'll get a lot more help/thoughts by starting your own thread that deals with your questions.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Because I feel no need to be special. Being a nobody suits me
    Ok, suit yourself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • F1nut wrote: »
    Steve, the idea is you'll get a lot more help/thoughts by starting your own thread that deals with your questions.
    Since you insist. Just joking as you did not insist

I was just trying to stay under the radar
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited June 2019

I was just trying to stay under the radar

and that's when you have to start worrying about the sonar.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    edited June 2019
    PING>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<