TheZebs return department...

exalted512
exalted512 Posts: 10,735
edited May 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
...still sucks total ****
for the 2nd day in a row i have called and have gotten an answering machine saying that cannot take my call
so yesterday, after the 2nd time, i waited to talk to one of their "advisors" or whatever, he told me their mailbox is probably full so i cant get my RA number, i asked him if he could do it or transfer me to someone else, he said nope, he said to call back tomorrow, i hung up
so im going to call again today, if i cant get my RA number im going to be very upset and express it to thezeb...
the quest for my RA number continues
on the other hand, called polk yesterday as i said in another post, got an automated machine, pressed the number to go to where i needed to go, waited for about 30 seconds, got to a guy, asked for kim, talking to kim in about 45 seconds
now THATS good service
-Cody
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
Post edited by exalted512 on

Comments

• exalted512
    edited April 2004
    got the same thing again today...wonderful...i left a message...i wonder how long it takes for them to get back to me...
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2004
    i vote never
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2004
    From all the complaints Ive heard and read about, it seems that SoundDomain and Crutchfield are the only "safe" places to order from.

I wish I knew about Acaraudio.com. They have everything and killer prices! Their prices on Orion amps is awesome!! Im just not sure how reliable they are.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited April 2004
    sounddomain's customer service sucks **** just as bad as the zeb's, but the difference is this -- as long as u know exactly what u want. u can order from sounddomain and get it within 2 or 3 days.... and when getting an RA number, its easy, they'll take just about anythign back even if its missing parts - because they're friggin retarded anyway.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    well, they called me monday
    it was my best friend Kevin from back in the day--the one that said he hated me--the one who also said he wouldnt be working in the returns dept. for more than 3 months last august
    well...he told me to call Rockford Fosgate
    *sigh*
    so i call rockford, IMMEDIATELY get a person to talk to, they patch me to someone else and again--no wait time--i get the address to send it to and my RA number in about 2 minutes max.
    it was sent off yesterday from TX to AZ
    ill track it tomorrow to see when its going to get there
    its not that big of a deal this time, my one mm124 still hits like a mother
    but i could use more...
    -Cody
  • exalted512
    edited May 2004
    the amp was put out on the dock today, will be shipped tomorrow
    should be here by Friday
    woohoo
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited May 2004
    So how long has this ordeal lasted? From the time your amp assumed room temperature to the time you found out the repaired or new one was being shipped to ya.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    edited May 2004
    I sent the amp off on the 26th
    it blew around the 19th though
    wasnt in too big of a hurry since i still have 580 watts of sub power still goin through the truck...
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited May 2004
    Man, Ive been chacking out the new RF amps and they look pretty good. They are way powerful and the Power series getting down to the 1 ohm level is impressive. They are damn expensive though. I wouldnt be able to afford the Power amps and would have to go with the Punch series but I have to admit, it is very tempting. I need to go to Best Buy or something and give the new Punch amps a listen.

It would be cool to have Punch amps cause back in the late 80s-early 90s, the Punch amp was the daddy! You either had a RF Punch or an Orion amp or you werent ****! It would be nice to relive the good old days and build a "retro" system!

They seem to be the easiest to design a system around too since they make a bunch of different power ratings. Since Ive only narrowed my speaker choices down to 3 (Focal Polyglass, JL Audio XR 6.5 or the mighty MM6) and each has different power requirements. Focal at 75 rms, JL at 100 and of course the monster of the group, the Momo at 150! I have to admit that having 150 rms to each front stage speakers is pretty cool! :D

• exalted512
    edited May 2004
    i have 225 running to mine:)
    boston acoustics makes some 6.5 comps that handle an insane amount of power...insane as in ike 400+ watts as their RATED power
    -Cody
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited May 2004
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    It would be cool to have Punch amps cause back in the late 80s-early 90s, the Punch amp was the daddy!

Definitely true. I recently retired a Punch60ix amp that still works perfectly. And I still have some old RF 12"s (around 10 years old) that will still hold their weight.