In wall enclosure needed?

dremmick
dremmick Posts: 12
I bought some 265-rt for my home theater. Is there any advantage to build a backer box? Or do these speakers use whats behind the speakers as a baffle?

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    They are designed for use in infinite baffle but there is nothing wrong with putting in a backer box either.

The biggest benefit and purpose of doing a backer box is to help contain the sound from entering adjacent spaces.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • dremmick
    Is it worth the money and time?
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Personal preference thing really.
    If your space is open to the adjoining spaces then there really is no benefit outside of maybe a slightly tighter mid bass response.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • dremmick
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Personal preference thing really.
    If your space is open to the adjoining spaces then there really is no benefit outside of maybe a slightly tighter mid bass response.

There is about a .5" gap between the exterior wall and foam board insulation. Do I want openings to adjooinging spaces.