Signature S20 & S15 And competetives from RTiA

shaby
shaby Posts: 6
Hi,
How are you?

1. I want to know if by your opinion and/or feeling there is A tangible(hope it the right term) defference between the S20 & S15?

2. RTiA series stands at the "same line" +- with Signature?
If do - what would be the competetive model? (for S10&S20)

3. The S20 feels really heavy.
Is it something that I need to be aware of in A matter of the cabinet that hanges to the wall and THE WALL needs to "carry" cabinet&Amp&3 sp(centre too)?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    shaby wrote: »
    Hi,
    How are you?
    I am just swell. How about you?

szd1lj6q7kpx.jpg

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Hi,
    How are you?

1. I want to know if by your opinion and/or feeling there is A tangible(hope it the right term) defference between the S20 & S15?

2. RTiA series stands at the "same line" +- with Signature?
    If do - what would be the competetive model? (for S10&S20)

3. The S20 feels really heavy.
    Is it something that I need to be aware of in A matter of the cabinet that hanges to the wall and THE WALL needs to "carry" cabinet&Amp&3 sp(centre too)?

Thank you very much!

The S20 has a tad more bass and a bit bigger sound.

The RTiA series is aimed more for home theater while the Signature series isn’t as hot up top, so a bit better for music.

The S20 is a stand mount speaker, not a wall mount.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• shaby
    @Viking64 Am I missing something?

@F1nut Thanks for your answer (:

My needs are HT.

I listened to the S20 And yet To the RTiA .
    I was impressed from the S20 - sounds lilke much more than 249$ sp.

I had no plane to mount to use stand mount.
    The sp will sit on the cabinet.

Although the S20 is A bit better for music and I liked it?
    Do you(and others) think that it better to find A shop that have the RTiA and to try it too?(which model is at the "same line" +- with Signature?)

?

Thanks very much!
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I'm just saying "How are you?" to a new member. :)
  • F1nut

@F1nut Thanks for your answer (:

My needs are HT.

I listened to the S20 And yet To the RTiA .
    I was impressed from the S20 - sounds lilke much more than 249$ sp.

I had no plane to mount to use stand mount.
    The sp will sit on the cabinet.

Although the S20 is A bit better for music and I liked it?
    Do you(and others) think that it better to find A shop that have the RTiA and to try it too?(which model is at the "same line" +- with Signature?)

?

Thanks very much!

I think you'll be happy with the Signature series.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• shaby
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I'm just saying "How are you?" to a new member. :)
    <3:)
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Welcome to Club Polk Shaby!

The Signature Series is outstanding for both music and movies. They managed to make a speaker that puts out very decent bass, and the tweeter is crystal clear without being overly sharp.

If you are doing movies, I would strongly recommend having a sub to handle the lower end, which will allow the drivers in the speakers to handle the mid bass that they were designed to handle.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    I went from RTi's to the Signature line. My wife and I like the Signature line a lot better.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • shaby
    edited July 2018
    The set would be:
    Front: S20
    Surround: S10
    Center: S30
    Sub: my current one - Cambridge Audio X200 subwoofer(Bc's I dont have space under the cabinet and Is just incredible **not only for his sizes)

Thank you All so much!!!!
  • F1nut
    Let us know what you think after you get it all set up.

President of Club Polk

• shaby
    edited July 2018
    Sure!
    Hope my responde on 7-10 days from now would jump it into the top

B.T.W: How do you set it up that you'll get A notification(email) for A new comment?
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Scroll to the top of the page, and under your name on the right there are four options, the one all the way to the right is options. A little drop down menu will pop up, select “Edit Account”. Then once that page opens up there should be a list of different settings to change, third one down is “Notification Preferences”. You will then find a list of things to be notified for.
  • shaby
    Must say the final thoughts(or just one ;))
    OUTSTANDING !!!