Options
Beer for gamers...

4z2m1gkkstuh.jpg

http://tallgrassbeer.com/8bit/

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    He’s gone. And he had all his posts removed. I have never understood that type of logic. I wish him well.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    I heard he had left, but I didn’t realize forever... :confused:
    Why did he leave?
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,531
    Options
    Who left?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    Who left?

@nbrowser . Deleted his entire account.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited July 2018
    Options
    What gave him the hurt?
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    It's my understanding that he left in protest of Paul not selling me his Menuetto for dirt cheap. Blame Paul. It's always Paul's fault.
  • Hermitism
    Options
    Something went down in his vacation/travel thread. I read the first part of the thread, but he was going to be possibly visiting the western part of the US, which is where I don't reside, so I didn't keep following the thread. So I don't know what happened. I only read about 20% of the threads here, so if you want me to read your thread, you better have an enticing thread title. I miss a good majority of what goes on here. I even missed what I did to get a 30 day "vacation". :neutral:
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,575
    Options
    Well WTH that thread did go a little off kilter NOT delete my account off kilter...

Come on Ken!!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    edited July 2018
    Options
    nbrowser? I'm the one with the retro video game collection, I don't think he owns anything older than current gen.

Edit: Wait, what? Ken is gone? WTH happened?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Hermitism
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Well WTH that thread did go a little off kilter NOT delete my account off kilter...

Come on Ken!!
    What happened in the thread? Did no one want him to visit them?

• pitdogg2
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Come on Ken!!
    What happened in the thread? Did no one want him to visit them?

Got California political....
  • Hermitism
    Options
    I wanted to LOL my own comment!
  • Nightfall
    edited July 2018
    Options
    It's sad that we've become so politically divisive that sometimes even a conversation isn't possible. I have chatted with people on this forum about politics and religion privately without a single instance of name calling or it breaking down into ad hominem attacks. Imagine that.

That's just my opinion, not looking to publicly talk about it or go further.

If you're reading this Ken, best of luck to you Canadian brother.

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,446
    Options
    It's my understanding that he left in protest of Paul not selling me his Menuetto for dirt cheap. Blame Paul. It's always Paul's fault.
    Psheeez... Frickin' Paul...

wkcfd0vvejfn.gif

I disabled signatures.
  • Hermitism
    edited July 2018
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Psheeez... Frickin' Paul...
    I know, right? What's he need all that stereo equipment for?

• Nightfall
    edited July 2018
    Options
    That is in the running for the lowest frames per second GIF I have ever seen. It looks like about 2.5 frames per second.

• Hermitism
    Options
    I'm out, I gotta go to sleep. Maybe he'll come back under a different name. In the spirit of anonymity he might use a name like tbrowser or something. tbrow!
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    I wish him well, he's the one who posted about quitting smoking last year IIRC, I hope he didn't go back to the cigs.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,600
    Options
    He didn't.
    polrbehr wrote: »
    I wish him well, he's the one who posted about quitting smoking last year IIRC, I hope he didn't go back to the cigs.

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,876
    Options
    We had a short discussion via email and yes he is gone and is not coming back. Also yes to his post about traveling to the US is the straw that broke the camel's back.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited July 2018
    Options
    We have a few here that watch only Fox news. California is one of their favorite punching bags.

Shame it turned political.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    We had a short discussion via email and yes he is gone and is not coming back. Also yes to his post about traveling to the US is the straw that broke the camel's back.

:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
  • msg
    Options
    I'm out, I gotta go to sleep. Maybe he'll come back under a different name. In the spirit of anonymity he might use a name like tbrowser or something. tbrow!

Too obvious. Something like nbrowser2 would offer greater anonymity. Well, not anymore.

Seriously though, this is a shame. I liked Ken. You know how hard it is to find a Canadian around here? Well, I mean in the summertime, and one that's not from Quebec?
    I disabled signatures.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    I never understood it, why he left. Maybe someone can fill me in by PM. I didn't follow the whole thread myself, but from what I did see was....

Polkies offering him great advice, places to stop and see, and even offering up their own homes for him to stay at. I have myself told Ken he could stay with me if ever in Chicago. The generosity of the members here always shocks me.

I saw a few political shots at Cali, but nothing directed at Ken himself, unless I missed it. Just the usual banter that sometimes takes threads off course. So what though, not the worlds end and certainly not reason enough to dump all the good relationships he's earned/fostered over the years. Am I missing something ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,055
    edited July 2018
    Options

This is true. His parting shot on CP was a seething pm to me. I didn't know you could construct a proper sentence with so many expletives :o

In all seriousness though, I wish he'd reconsider and come back. I always felt that he was a great member with a lot to add. He can always put me and the offending parties from the travel/political thread on ignore.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    The Polk Forum claims another and the Nissan Leaf Forum has found a new member...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,683
    Options
  • msg
    Options
    You have gas.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,683
    Options
    Ziggity zooty.