Why do I have to sign in each time I open my new I-pad?

dromunds
dromunds Posts: 9,969
I just got an I-pad and each time I open it up I am forced to sign in to the forum. Any Apple aficionado's know what the solution is? Bugging me and I'm a troglodyte.

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Hey Don, setup Google Chrome, get a Google account, sign in, and let it save your passwords for sites like this.

Never save passwords for financial or sensitive content sites.
    I disabled signatures.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    There is an option to stay signed in when logging in, but it is only good for 30 days. Vanilla is terrible. I typed this on my iPad Retina, and also use an iPad mini Retina.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Yea it doesn't stay signed in forever on a PC either, right? Every once in a while I have to sign in on whatever device I'm using...but i have chrome save the password so it only takes like an extra second.

What forum, social media, etc. doesn't make you sign in occasionally?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • dromunds
    Its not that its making me sign in occasionally, and I have box checked to stay signed in, but its making me sign in each time I even close the I-pad. Doesn't do that on any other device, such as my I-phone or PC. Just the new I-pad. MSG, when I get home I'll do what you suggest. Thanks.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies? It could be a corrupted cookie causing a loss of verification of the session.

I use a newer IPad pro and haven't had many issues even being away for almost a month at a time.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    dromunds wrote: »
    I just got an I-pad and each time I open it up I am forced to sign in to the forum. Any Apple aficionado's know what the solution is? Bugging me and I'm a troglodyte.

Simply 'bookmark' the forum..it will then appear on your startup page..tap it and you're in there...
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Msabot1 wrote: »

Simply 'bookmark' the forum..it will then appear on your startup page..tap it and you're in there...

The problem isn’t the link being saved, it is it automagically signing him out of his account. Mine never did this when I used Safari, have you checked the “stay signed in for 30 days” button?
  • dromunds
    Yes, the "stay signed in for 30 days" is checked.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Yes, the "stay signed in for 30 days" is checked.

Oops I missed that you already said that above. Sorry.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    The earlier comment about cookies is worth exploring. Make sure you can save cookies. Every time I clear cookies I have to login again.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    edited July 2018
    But have you guys used the Stay Signed in for 30 Days option?
    You might try that.

That's part of it, Bud, and good point.
    If your browsers are configured to clear private data, cache, cookies and sessions, you will have to login each time.

Letting Chrome save the login info, and being signed into Chrome will let it populate the login fields no matter the state of the private data.
    I disabled signatures.