JBL Flip 4 issues

hello,
Hi all,

Recently, I bought a Flip 4 speaker and was really happy with the sound, but now, I'm picking up issues and it is really becoming annoying.

1. I've paired my phone and my laptop with the speaker, and at random times (for instance when I'm making a phonecall), the Flip 4 thinks its a wise idea to connect to the phone and broadcast the call all over the living room. At least I think it's the Flip 4 doing it, as I'm having the problem with different devices and different OSes. Is there a solution to this, other than unpairing the speaker again, and having to pair and unpair it every time I want to listen to music?

2. Speaking of "listening to music": It seems like this speaker randomly cuts itself off when it considers the signal mute. This must be a joke, because the threshold is much too high. At night, for instance, I simply cannot listen to classical music (or anything that has a wider range of low key passages and some crescendos), because at the volume I'd like to listen to it, half of it simply goes missing, and when I raise the overall volume, the louder parts would make the neigbors fall out of bed. (Note that I'm having this problem when I connect the speaker via cable - not sure if this makes any difference.)

I've also downloaded the JBL Music app which supposedly has some configuratin options, but it actually doesn't.

Is there any way these annoying issues can be fixed? Thanks in advance for helping me out!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.