$200 shipped with paypal

nburlesmbxkj.jpg
11zhiscpbg0u.jpg
mwh5spallq19.jpg
92le80vcnkyq.jpg
nwia23ziiqfo.jpg
1m0ajuennx9a.jpg
dnmryzu8099y.jpg
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,036
    Options
    Price changed too quick haha...
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    Ill sell it to you for the other one since you are in Charlotte!! :p!!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    Options
    Bump 175 shipped
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Nice dac here guys for those wanting to get their feet wet in the world of dacs. The price is right too.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,426
    Options
    Trey, I was reading a bit about the DL Three.
    I notice the chassis of this unit is different than later PS Audio gear.
    Is it essentially the design the same, though?

I found this last night while reading about this unit. I was a bit intrigued about by this information...
    https://www.audiosoundusa.com/products/dacs/ps-audio-digital-link-iii-dac_3519.html
    The output stage is the key
    Once the sample rate has been converted, it is sent to the TI PCM1798 balanced DAC and its output is fed into our unique output stage.

DAC’s convert the digital signal into current. Unfortunately, to play music through our systems, we need voltage. So the first job of the all important output stage is to convert the current output of the DAC to a voltage, then amplify it so our preamplifier can play it back through the power amp.

99% of every DAC on the planet uses an op-amp to convert the output of the DAC to a voltage. We learned years ago that this is the worst thing you can do for the sound, because op-amps all have two major problems when used for this function: feedback and speed issues.

Without getting too technical, the greatest opportunity for a bright and edgy “digital” sound is caused by op-amp based current to voltage converters (IV converters) because the high speed of the DAC’s output causes transient or slewing induced distortion in the op-amps (SID). SID is a combination of feedback and transient response issues that some exotic high-speed op amps can come close to handling, but all have a problem with it.

PS Audio’s engineers avoid the SID harshness by eliminating the feedback of the IV stage. We do this by a unique single transistor IV converter with no feedback. Speed issues and SID issues are completely eliminated with this technique.
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3
    Options
    I believe so but I don't want to mislead anyone so I can't say for sure

Appreciate the additional info, it is a nice piece
  • VR3
    Options
    I really want to move this box out of my living room

$115 shipped with paypal… buy this thing
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    Options
    I will take it if not spoken for.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • VR3
    Options
    Someone beat you by 5 minutes, thank you though,
    Sold pending payment
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    edited July 2018
    Options
    :(
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • VR3
    Options
    Sold