Signa s1 & magnifi max & other sound bars

Options
erniejade
erniejade Posts: 6,315
I was at best buy the ither day and heard the polk magnifi max andsigna s1. On their demo stuff they had playing, I was quite impressed with the sound out of them. For 149$, and how small the s1 is, it sounded quite good!. I can see why people are happy with them

The magnifi max for its size sounded more like a home stereo then a sound bar with music. On HT, it had way more kick then I expected for the size of the subwoofer. Quite impressive. So much that i would even consider picking one up.

I wish the had the magnifi mini to hear since i have read so much about them on the forum. I imagine its between the S1 and the max.

I also heard the Klipsch 11, a 500$ samsung and a 500$ JBL. The Klipsch maybe wasnt set up properly since it sounded timny and shrill. The JBL and Samsung i imagine have similar components since they seemed to be voiced the same and at times i could not tell if what one of the 2 was playing. Again, not too shabby but the max to my ears still was a bit warmer and more pleasant sounding.

I also heard the Bose with subwoofer and the Sonos with subwoofer. Both quite impressive with the edge going to the Sonos. I had a bit of sticker shock on both systems. They sounded good but not 1500 $ good. The polk magnifi max at 500 or under to me is the better deal and save 1k for other things.

Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.