Cap

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited January 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a couple of questions, I have a Rockford Fosgate gate, digital readout cap, I need to know where to install it and I know that I need to charge it, so I need to know how to do that too, so can u explain that to me?

Also, with my MTX81000D amp, it says to use 1/0 guage wire, I have the wire, but I dont have a fuse for it now, I need to know what kind of fuse im going to need, Im drawing 1000 watts now

Also with that amp, it says if u have the volts to 14.4 it will push 1500x1 watts. How do I get the volts to 14.4? Does a cap make it 14.4 or do I have to do something else, and with 1500 watts am I gonna need another size fuse? Thanks,
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sc0tty8
    sc0tty8 Posts: 69
    edited January 2002
    Options
    First off, do not worry about how much juice your amp needs to do what. You car pry puts out like 13.8-14.2 volts. You will need a distro block for that wire for the cap. You need a fuse holder under the hood to hgold that fuse. I have a 250 amp fuse under my hood, and within 6 inches of my battery. Then, working back to my trunk, may caps are mounted on my box with my blocks and amp. I have 2 caps on rails back there, 4gwq ground for the caps and 4 ga power. There is a distro block back there. You will need one of these as YOU SHOULD NOT RUN A FUSE BETWEEN THE CAPS AND BLOCK!! You need a block with an aux. power hook up, i.e. 2 power ins, and 3 oputs or something like that. Make sure the block in your trunk has a fuse in it going to the amp. After you bolt your cap in wherever your going to put it, make a ground for it. Short and thicker is better. Run a wire from your distro block to your cap. Put a big crimp-on "O" ring on both the wires on the cap. Then, if ya bought the cap new, you should have a charging card for it. Bolt that on corrisponding to the poliarity of the cap. You will want to power this beast up. Make sure you double check your wiring so far, then, hook up the wires to the charging card and pop in the fuse under the hood. There are 2 LED's on the card, one red, one green. Leave the wires on there until the green LED is on. Then it is charged. Run the remote wire to your cap to turn it on. Remember, a good rule of thumb is that after 2 deivces on your remote, use a relay...

I think I got everything in there:D
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited January 2002
    Options
    so when you say YOU SHOULD NOT RUN A FUSE BETWEEN THE CAPS AND BLOCK!! that the distrobustion block cant be a fused distro block?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • sc0tty8
    sc0tty8 Posts: 69
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Here like this:

battery---1st-fuse
    Distro w/ fuse(s)
    amps.

Run the cap(s) to the last block. you will need it on the FUSED side. I have seen many variations on it. Thats how mine is.