LSi9 - Cherry

Options
scubalab
scubalab Posts: 3,101
edited May 2018 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I bought these from Shawn about three months ago here.

Long story short, I was on the fence - I have these and a pair of Monitor 5JR+ that I've been swapping in the 2-channel setup. I can honestly say that I like the 9s better, but I'm thinking of modding the 5JR's. Additionally, I may have a line on an ebony pair of 9s this summer/fall. And honestly, the ebony will go better with the rest of the gear.

I paid $275 for these and would like to get that back. However, I'll let them go for $250 local pickup in Central PA (State College area) or $300 shipped. I do travel here and there within the borders of PA so I may be able to get them closer to folks in the neighboring states.

This is the only picture I currently have of them, but I'll get and add more detailed pictures tonight or later this week. They are in the exact condition as when I picked them up a few months ago (and as described in Shawn's FS thread linked above).

znj3kby6bvdv.jpeg

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,606
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Nice price. I've always wanted a pair of LSi9 or LSi7 and then get the VR3 Fortress mod crossovers.
  • scubalab
    Options
    Some pics... This is the exact condition I bought and received them in. And, before anyone points it out... Yes, I realize that I have them backwards! :s I moved them temporarily the other day and didn't check L/R when I put them back. I just noticed they are backwards this morning when taking the pictures!!

Right Speaker
    There are several cosmetic issues. The good - top, front, and back are beautiful; drivers/dustcaps pristine & like new; grill perfect; sonically it is perfect. The bad - wood side panels have some marks including a small 1/4" ding (that has been filled) on the right side and a faint horizontal rub/scuff (not scratched though) mark (about 2-3 inches long) on the left side; the finish on the right wood panel appears a little lighter; and the bottom piano gloss veneer is delaminating (not noticeable when set up though). If I were keeping these, it was my plan to remove the veneer on the bottom, sand, and paint a gloss black or re-veneer. I was also considering sanding and re-finishing the wood side panels.

x9m7xkktiacz.jpg
    9h2op477kuni.jpg
    w9s7hcbqpy0c.jpg
    gvxyx98w3zm7.jpg
    g5tduuqj0x84.jpg
    zr4uh44punbi.jpg
    h94qq0bpzjpm.jpg

Left Speaker
    Again, several cosmetic issues, though not as bad as the right speaker. The good - The good - top, front, and back are beautiful; drivers/dustcaps pristine & like new; grill perfect; sonically it is perfect. The bad - wood side panels have some marks including a couple very small nicks on the right side and a few faint rub/scuff marks on the left side; the finish on the right wood panel appears a little lighter; and some scratches/nicks on the bottom. I have to think that the panels on the right side are lighter due to the way the original owner must have had these placed near a source of sunlight... The difference is not nearly as drastic as it appears in some of the pictures though.

82m91cedkyp3.jpg
    v5m99f4ly2ax.jpg
    ukyu8yx13w6q.jpg
    ak3mqpgcwa2l.jpg
    giu8252288xd.jpg
    rzw1gmqtavp6.jpg
    4lomy0z4d9sv.jpg

These are great speakers - hope someone here picks them up!

Remember, I am willing to ship. And anyone who has bought gear from me can attest that I pack very well. Each speaker will be wrapped with paper towels and shrink wrap, packaged carefully with foam board surrounding them (at least 1-2" on all sides), and boxed in a heavy duty electronics (double wall) box from Lowes or Home Depot.

$250 Local pickup.

$300 Shipped (FedEx) to CONUS
    (I imagine shipping will be a bit more than $50!)
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Man Al that is great deal, especially shipped. But I need more speakers about as bad as you do! HA!

GLWS!!!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • scubalab
    Options
    Just passing on the deal I got from Shawn! I realize location is tough, that's why the shipping offer. It would be nice for someone to pick these up a and do some mild restoration and mods on them. Would be a kick@$$ set of speakers then. Not that they're bad now though...

NB - I've never shipped anything north of the border. I'd think it could get costly. I'd gladly work with you if you really wanted them... just not sure if shipping costs would make it cost-prohibitive.
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 725
    Options
    Interested, Sending a PM.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    The 9's sound way bigger than they look.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Dooo eeet Maaaatt.....
  • HzTweaker
    Options
    I'm on it Russ :wink:
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • scubalab
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    The 9's sound way bigger than they look.

Sure are!

15.5" tall
    15.5" deep
    8.5" wide
    33 pounds

EACH!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,606
    Options
    Wow, they weigh slightly more than LSiM 703s.
    scubalab wrote: »
    Sure are!

15.5" tall
    15.5" deep
    8.5" wide
    33 pounds

EACH!

• scubalab
    Options
    Yeah, it's probably due to the added solid wood side panels. I can tell you that they are NOT all that easy to move for bookies!
  • scubalab
    Options
    Let's mark these 'sale pending'!
  • lightman1
    Options
    scubalab wrote: »
    Let's mark these 'sale pending'!

You owe me a brokers fee, Al.... B)
  • scubalab
    Options
    You owe me a beer Russ... ;) I've been waiting in Pottsville (or Pottstown) for ya since January!
  • lightman1
    Options
  • HzTweaker
    Options
    The company I work for has a customer in Pottsville. I haven't been to that site yet. I hear it's quite large.
  • scubalab
    Options
    These are officially sold to Matt (HzTweaker). Boxed up and will be shipped tonight.

Thanks for the great transaction Matt - Hopefully you're now working on a deal with Trey on those Fortress X-overs!
  • lightman1
    Options
    Woooo! Git you some Matt! I'll be at the Mooresville warehouse June 15th. Bring em over.
  • HzTweaker
    Options
    Thanks @scubalab ! I'll report back when I receive them. Russ looks like I'm off the 15th give me a holla.
  • HzTweaker
    Options
    I received the LSI9s today. I have to say @scubalab you Sir did a suburb job packing these speakers. Your packing skills were certainly put to the test. It pretty much rained all day here in western N.C.. Mr./Ms.FedEx left them sitting in front of my front door when two feet away is a attached carport that is kept tidy and there was nothing parked in it all day (certainly not when they were delivered). Luckily they were not damaged! But it was incredibly difficult picking up a 77lb soggy corrugated box. :#

Thanks again scubalab for the great purchasing experience here on club Polk, and again hats off to your packing!!!
  • scubalab
    Options
    It never ceases to amaze me the lack of common sense that exists with some delivery folks. I often think they purposely leave things out in the weather. Sorry to hear about that.

Glad the packing protected them a bit. Enjoy them - they really are impressive speakers. I miss them already.

Thanks for an awesome transaction Matt.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    A lot of times I ask the seller to wrap in saran wrap to avoid this soggy mess... fedex and ups don't care at all.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • HzTweaker
    Options
    Thankfully scubalab did saran wrap them.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,533
    Options
    He's learned over the years its always best to wrap it up.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • scubalab
    Options
    ^^^ I see what you did there... :p