2003 Civic SI Speaker fit

rondavis
rondavis Posts: 1
edited April 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Has anybody tried to use the MOMO MMC 650 in the rear on the new Civic SIs? I'd like to know if it can be done before i take the plunge. Also wondering if I really have to settle for the db6500 in the front location, or if the MM^ can be made to fit. Wondering, edge of my seat here.
I've got Lsi7s all around in my home theater, it's about time I brought Polk on the road with me.

Comments

• MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited April 2004
    you can make anything fit if you want it to bad enough... for the fronts you'll probably have to get some mdf spacer rings to add depth to keep from hitting the window, and you might have to modify the factory grille to avoid contact with that as well.

for the rears... i dunno if they'll just drop in, you may need to use a dremmel or some other cutting tool to widen the hole and you might need a spacer and if you have to widen the hole you're also going to have to drill new holes for the speaker to mount with.... if you want truly good sound the extra couple hours work are worth the trouble... don't get me wrong, the db's sound good and all but the momo's are truly on a higher plane...
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.