New Computer Virus Read Immediately

MTXMAN
MTXMAN Posts: 682
edited February 29 in Clubhouse Archives
My computer recently recieved a virus through a friends address book. This virus attacks every address in your address book and your instant messengers. The virus stays dormant for 14 days before effecting your computer and it is not detected by most anti-virus software. The upside is that it's easy to get rid of. Run a search of all files and folders on your hard drives for "jdbgm" w/o the quotes if the virus is on your computer a file with a teddy bear icon will show up in the search DELETE THIS FILE IMMEDIATELY. you should repeat this search periodically to make sure it didn't get redelivered by someone else. you should also alert everyone in you address book and messengers. in my case this virus appeared in the system 32 folder and was even in one of my "last good configurations".

Hope you catch it in time... i thought my computer was slowing down...
Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited April 2004
    Are you sure on this...that's the debugger file for Java applications...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited April 2004
    You know I saw the same warning last year, it's BS!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dylan
    dylan Posts: 453
    edited April 2004
    Sorry, that one is a hoax.

"If you deleted this file, don't sweat it — JDBGMGR.EXE is only important to programmers who use Microsoft Visual J++ 1.1 to develop Java programs. Its absence will not cause your PC to stop working or interfere with your applications, so if you're not a Java developer, you don't have to worry about restoring it."

There's an online virus check at Symantec's (Norton) web site if you're curious:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/ (click on the 'check for security risks' icon towards the bottom right).
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited April 2004
    I can't believe this is still going around...
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • MTXMAN
    edited April 2004
    dang you guys respond fast, they're right i just found out it's a hoax... sorry bout that, i heard word of mouth from a friend who heard from his bro who heard from a friend of his (almost as bad as a chain letter huh...) well here's the info from symantec it's self if you're interested...

http://securityresponse.symantec.co....file.hoax.html
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2004
    Thanks for the warning. Finally got done reformatting my hard drive. :)
  • MTXMAN
    edited April 2004
    Originally posted by Shizelbs
    Thanks for the warning. Finally got done reformatting my hard drive. :)

I REALY hope he was kidding....
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited April 2004
    No, he's not... AND NEITHER AM I!!! NEXT TIME WOULD YOU MAKE SURE?!?!?!?!?!
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited April 2004
  • hamzahsh
    hamzahsh Posts: 439
    edited April 2004
    Thanks man! I did caught 3 of them and then immediately deleted.
    Panasonic TH-50PX80U Plasma HDTV
    Polk Audio RT800i (fronts)
    Polk Audio CS400i (center)
    Polk Audio F/X1000 (side surrounds)
    Polk Audio RTi6 (back surrrounds)
    Velodyne CHT-15 (subwoofer)
    Yamaha RX-V1400 (Pre/Pro)
    NAD C272 (2-ch Amp)
    Adcom GFA-7605 (5-ch Amp)
    Toshiba SD-3109 (DVD/CD player)
    Malata DVP-580 (Multi-region DVD player)
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2004
    Of course I was kidding.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited April 2004
    I guess I should've read the whole thread. I just deleted it. Next time please edit your original post. THANKS!:mad:
    Make it Funky! :)