amp question again

pOP
pOP Posts: 23
edited April 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
i have another question about the two c500x1 monoblock amps for my mm124's it says that for the c500x1 amp that it gives 500x1watts @ 2ohms and 350x1 @ 4ohms, but the mm124's are 4ohm so does that mean i will only be getting 350 watts to each sub?
-=KirK=-
Post edited by pOP on

Comments

• MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited April 2004
    yep
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2004
    well, if you only have one sub, you will be getting 350 watts
    if you hook up two hooked up to it, youll only be getting 250 each
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited April 2004
    :p
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • pOP
    edited April 2004
    will the mm124's still sound good and hit hard if i only got 350watts going to each one?
    -=KirK=-
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    if youre thinking about getting 1 500.1 for your m124, get the c300.2 instead
    its cheaper, will sound better, and puts out more power
    -Cody
  • pOP
    edited April 2004
    ya but the thing is i get the 500x1 for cheap
    -=KirK=-
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    how cheap?
    and does it come with polks warranty?
    or just a 1 year warranty or no warranty at all?
    -Cody
  • pOP
    edited April 2004
    if i wanted to get the 300.2's i would have to pay full price. And im just a poor white boy, i dont want to empty my savings for a system. Since i get the 500x1's for cheap i was gonna get that. BUt im not sure if it will still hit hard? will the mm124's still hit hard with only 350watts goign to each?
    -=KirK=-
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    350 is adequate
    sounddomain has the 300.2 for $400
    still pretty expensive
    i havent had experience with polk amps but i think they seem a little overpriced...
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2004
    nice sound, very nice. i also like the 'pre-eq' button, makes a noticeable difference. for those who don't know, this applies a very specific equalization curve that is designed to be used with polk speakers and subs - cool. an even stranger thing is the eq curve applied to the surrounds in my home system when you select thx mode - this one's designed to compensate for the way your auricles absorb some frequencies, so you hear it properly even from behind... some people just have too much free time to think **** like this up...

p.s. an auricle is the visible bit of your ear, the cup shaped thing that gets violently pierced in mean and nasty ways by some, quite attractively in others...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • pOP
    edited April 2004
    think 350 watts each sub will give me some thump thump thump?
    -=KirK=-
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2004
    adequate... 550 would be better, but 350 works too. i don't know why polk has the 500.1, it doesn't match particularly well with any of their other offerings. whatever.

and they need to change the homepage, it still says 'new products for 2003'
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs