shocker subs

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited September 2004 in Car Subwoofer Talk
any1 ever herd of thes????my buddy has 5 12 inch shockers and he put 2 12 inch shockers hooked to me new 800 watt kenwood exclon 2 channel and and they hit real deep.there quality is not as good the polk but i was wonderin if any1 has ever herd of thes or herd them??tryin to compare them to the momos but i never had momos in my car
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited April 2004
    Options
    shockers are an spl sub...thats what they were designed to do. Not in same league as the momo's
  • Systems
    edited April 2004
    Options
    ok thx.ill stick with the momos couse 3 of the 10 inch baby momos should show my buddy 2 12 inch jl w6 up.i herd a jl 10 inch and it wasent very inpresive
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited April 2004
    Options
    no his subs are the w3 not w6.3 baby momos should be better than them right???couse i got 2 10 inch gnx and in gettin a 3rd but he thinks polk sucks.the 3 gnx should make his change his mind but im sure the baby momos will
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited April 2004
    Options
    would thes subs be anygood????Orion C10D2 10" Dual 2-ohm 400 watts
    [Orion C10D2] $82.99

Always known for great subwoofer performance and value, Orion delivers again with this all-new entry level subwoofer family. The new C-series subs are packed with upgraded materials like custom-tooled, heavy gauge steel baskets, medium wide NBR surrounds, and gold-plated strain-relief terminals. Power handling is a very substantial 400 watts peak - these are subs that hammer and are built to be hammered on. Optimized for great performance in typical box sizes of all types, including popular pre-fabricated enclosures.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited April 2004
    Options
    the mm2104 and mm2124 are better subs than the JL W3's... two of them would, in my opinion " beat " two of the JL W3's... however the JL W6, while i dont like it, can still handle much more power than the 2104 / 2124 momo... and as such, two W6's would "beat" two 2104/2124's.

I'd still rather have the 2104/2124 though regardless.. i worry less about "beating" other people and more about enjoying hte system i have and making it please me.

i tried the whole "beat everybody thing" --- i had two idmaxes with 1500 watts on each slamming away every day.

all it got me was a system that was loud but was missing alittle sound quality, some hearing loss, and a friggin hole in my wallet -- about a year and a half later the damn subs are blown up and i've got jack **** to show for it.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Systems
    edited April 2004
    Options
    well after havin the shockes for a while then threw and jl w3 in for like 1 day and i got my other sub so i put the 2 10 inch gnx and i had the volume on 3 and it sounded alot better than the jl and shockers even though the shockers picked the real deep bass up but there 12 inch.cant wait to break my polks in and put 3 in there.jl abslutly SUCKS...my buddy said his brothers 2 12 inch jl w3 would smoke the shockers and my subs LOL.when he gets them from his brother im goin to put my 3 10's up agenst him couse im positive ill smoke him.and me and my other buddy are goin to throw his 4 12 inch shockers in my car and go agenst him...he wont be sayin polk sucks no more.after polk beats jl..lets see that will be 5 wins under my belt with polk...YA
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2004
    Options
    PBD is right in that the Momo subs can thrash the W3s. They are a lot better. However the W6 are some sweet **** subs and I believe they would sound a good bit better than the Momo. But then again the W6 is a $400 sub where the "daddy" Momo is $230'ish so on a dollar to dollar comparison, the Momo wins hands down.

Thats the case with all Polk stuff. They may not be the best, but when you look at a dollar to dollar comparison they cant be beat. you wont find any speaker better sounding than the MM6 for under $400 and you wont find a better sounding sub under $300!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2004
    Options
    bose will beat JL out on a dollar to dollar comparison:rolleyes:
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by exalted512
    -Cody

RAOTFLMMFAO
    Rolling Around On The Floor Laughing My Mother F$*(ing A$$ Off
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • Systems
    edited April 2004
    Options
    hello guys i have a q when i know for sure my momos r break and be on they max a hook then up to a RF 1000.IBD TX
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited April 2004
    Options
    hello guys i have a q when i know for sure my momos r break and be on they max a hook then up to a RF 1000.IBD TX
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MacLeod
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by exalted512
    -Cody

:rolleyes: Oh, pleeeeeeze.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • MacLeod
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by TOY

Um...what the hell did you say?

• exalted512
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by TOY
    translation:
    Hello guys,
    I have a question. When I know for sure my Momos are properly broken in...???
    wtf?
    learn english, come back
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2004
    Options
    relax, oh Texan one...

um, if that was indeed a proper translation, then it's after about 2 weeks of playing them softly.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • Systems
    edited April 2004
    Options
    well got my other sub and hooked both of them up and sound good for being broke in so my me and my buddy threw the jl in to and sounds awsome after adjusting the amp..not sayin jl is better polk is but i think im goin to hook the 3 polk's up and the 1 jl should sound sweet
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by neomagus00
    relax, oh Texan one...
    Lol... we only speak English here, we put up with mexican because there's more of them than us in some cities..... :eek:
    -Jerry

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by LittleCar_w/12s
    we put up with mexican because there's more of them than us in some cities..... :eek:
    -Jerry
    lmao, this is especially true for corpus...
    -Cody
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by LittleCar_w/12s
    Lol... we only speak English here, we put up with mexican because there's more of them than us in some cities..... :eek:
    -Jerry
    We put up with mexican, as in the language Spanish? or Mexicans, like the people? I'm suprised you Texans that grew up there don't speak it fluently? :)
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • cpmzx3
    cpmzx3 Posts: 9
    edited August 2004
    Options
    BOSE is sweedish for CRAP
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP
    2 Polk Audio MM2124's

More to come...
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited September 2004
    Options
    cody...might be back in your neck of the woods in 2 weeks!
  • exalted512
    edited September 2004
    Options
    college station or sinton?
    im in college station right now
    -Cody
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited September 2004
    Options
    ack..would be sinton..but I dont think the trip is going to materialize anyway...

mabye next year..lol