A Gift from Asia

mrloren
mrloren Posts: 2,454
Hello,

One of my relatives went to Asia for a business trip. He came back with a nice gift for me.

A Blu-Ray of Michael Schenker Fest live from Toyoko. I've heard the MP3 of this concert and a few video clips on YouTube but not the entire show.

I just finished watching it, WOW is all I have to say. Michael is in his 60's and can still play.

If you like this kind of music give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdZQ0m5jO_Y
When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    A friend of mine saw Michael a few years ago in Manchester, New Hampshire. Former members of the Scorpions Francis Buchholz and Herman Rarebell were in the band. He bought me a ticket, but I couldn't make the trip at the last minute. :(
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,089
    And I thought this thread was about your mail order bride... :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22UKBv4b4zo
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    I'd like to hear that one!..Always have been a fan of MS....do have to admit that when I saw the title of this thread I expected to see a reference to the Black Clap though..what a nice surprise!...LOL!..
  • mrloren

I wish :)
    Viking64 wrote: »
    A friend of mine saw Michael a few years ago in Manchester, New Hampshire. Former members of the Scorpions Francis Buchholz and Herman Rarebell were in the band. He bought me a ticket, but I couldn't make the trip at the last minute. :(

Went to one MSG concert in the early 90's at Del Mar fair grounds. Poor venue for it but it was good. I would have loved to catch this show.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Viking64
    I would love to see U.F.O. with the "Lights Out"/"Obsession" lineup. B)
  • mrloren
    I would love to see U.F.O. with the "Lights Out"/"Obsession" lineup. B)

but the older we get the chances come to be less and less.
  • Viking64
    Alright, maybe this is asking a bit much. How about that classic U.F.O. lineup opening for the Scorpions "Taken By Force" lineup. And for an encore, Michael comes back onstage with the Scorps and they play "Lonesome Crow" in it's entirety with Michael trading solos with Uli. :p
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I thought SARS was back :#
  • Viking64
    afterburnt wrote: »
    I thought SARS was back :#

SARS? That's a different "Ulrich". :p

cepn7xiafyaj.jpg
  • mrloren
    Alright, maybe this is asking a bit much. How about that classic U.F.O. lineup opening for the Scorpions "Taken By Force" lineup. And for an encore, Michael comes back onstage with the Scorps and they play "Lonesome Crow" in it's entirety with Michael trading solos with Uli. :p

I would go to that. It would be a dream lineup.

My first taste of the Scorpions was they opened for Kiss in LA. We all wanted to see Kiss. After the show we all got Scorpions "T" shirts. I think Scorpions were selling more shirts than Kiss. I've been a huge Scorpions fan ever since.

Had to go to Lou's records to find Scorpions LP's. All of us were already big UFO fans at the time, guy at Lou's told us about how the Scorpions started and Michael was their lead guitar player. Then he opened his photo album showing us the pictures he took with them in 75 while he was stationed in Germany.

Michael and Uli Roth are two of the most underrated guitar players ever.

I never got to see Scorpions with Uli or UFO with Michael. When I saw the Scorps the first time we had nose bleed seats, but there was only one flying "V" on the stage.

Check out Uli's Scorpions revisited CD. Very good remakes of his old Scorpions work.