Pinnacle PN 8+ Crossover rebuild

Options
Heck...I did the Marantz and these go with it.

Original stuff
2z1tra8kjz5o.jpg

Old board, new stuff except inductor
qjwx3b5tc2r2.jpg

Rockin' it!! B)
omusez6dpww2.jpg

Aaron
Enabler Extraordinaire

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    Those were the jewels that turned me on to Pinnacle Speakers! B) Those tweeters are pretty special.

I've owned a lot of Pinnacles in the past 15 years and still do. My living room system has been Pinnacle Black Diamonds for years now. LOVE em.

I thought about bringing in some Polks but the only ones that would small enough ( Tower or bass equality ) would be my Polk monitor 9's. I just don't think it would be a trade up so the Pinnacles stay. probably forever too.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,577
    Options
    Are those all caps you had laying around?
    Just curious as to why all those flavors?
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,556
    Options
    Economy build - I almost went Solen because I had a couple in house but I really don't like those in most cases. Since I had to order anyway I kinda went budget as much as I could.

In this case the silver one was on sale. The blue ones were big enough to get PX's and save some $$ but since I had to buy a small .15 I got that and the 1 at Sonicap. Couple of the resistors I had on hand.

Darn things sound amazing...
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • Tony M
    edited March 2018
    Options
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    I owned Pinnacle Classic Gold Towers, and sometimes wonder if selling them off was a mistake.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Tony M
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I think it was Steve.

I regretted selling mine off. They had the 6" or so woofers in that pair. Some Very rich Audiophile bought them.

Years later, I bought a set with the 8" woofers and a BIG Yamaha receiver for 50 or 60 bucks. I also got a little Atlantic Technologies Center channel thrown in. That was last year+ sometime ago I think.

I spent about 3 or 4 hours cleaning the nicotine off of all of it, but it was well worth it.

I've read reviews on the difference between the 2 towers and I have to agree. The smaller woofers blend with the tweeters betters but lack just a bit in the bass. The bigger towers sound great but have just a bit more bass coming from them. Either way, a tone control can make both sound superb and the bigger towers definately pump out a lot more solid bass!

Both speakers sizes are jaw droppers when people, including myself, hear them when they are playing. There's something special about those tweeters and Diaducts, and their own woofers too I guess.

I know Classic Rock sounds RIGHT coming out of them. Even their smaller sized bookies sound great with Classic Rock.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    The CGT's had incredible bass extension.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2