So I started to mess around with vinyl

2»

Comments

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2004
    Originally posted by Tour2ma

Maybe we should start a thread on ebay vinyl resellers.

That is a great idea! One seller "fast2mefast2you" lists the condition very acurately and after a few sales he sent me an extra one for free. The cover was pretty bad but the lp was nm.

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2004
    max,
    You may have seen that I started a thread on used tune sellers.

gidrah,
    (bump) SME tonearm? (see above post)
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited April 2004
    Shoot, I wish. It's the original arm. I have one piece to the weight, but have been told there are 2 pieces to it.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2004
    Mark,
    Damn... Guess I just read "anti-skate weight" and the mind started racing.

Try this guy... http://www.theturntablefactory.com/

He's an ebay seller that I hear is pretty helpful. Has some decent info on his site. Of there's always AK as well...

Happy hunting...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited April 2004
    Sorry to disappoint you.:D I sent an e-mail to that guy a few days ago. No luck. I also sent an e-mail to the NeedleDoctor. They have weights for Sumiko, but could neither confirm nor deny that it would work for mine.

I know there is at least one guy on AK that is running this table. I need to get him to send me a close up pic. I also need to ask him if he can accurately weigh it. I'm thinking split-shot come worse case scenario.
    Make it Funky! :)