Swapping old gear.

Reminds me when I had hair B) / :'(

c33fv6mwmhrg.jpg
6481dxqkfc32.jpg

Comments

• smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    edited March 2018
    Based on the RATT album you had lot's of "hair" back in the day? I'll admit it, I had some longer hair back then...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    smglbrth wrote: »
    Based on the RATT album you had lot's of "hair" back in the day? I'll admit it, I had some longer hair back then...

Laffs, yep.

Actually, looked out the window this morning when the Wife left for work, saw the snow and the temps.

Said HELL NO, gonna stay home and play :D

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited March 2018
    I speak as a fellow hypocrite, but if you can move the rack to the side of the room it will help with the SDA effect. From my limited understanding in a "perfect" world, you want nothing between them.

Not sure if your speaker cable is long enough for that to work or not, but the room looks nice and empty.

Now we just need to get room treatments up :smile:

Also WHERE IN THE HECK did you get that jaguar statue? I have THAT EXACT ONE from my great grandmother but NO IDEA where she acquired it...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited March 2018
    Also WHERE IN THE HECK did you get that jaguar statue? I have THAT EXACT ONE from my great grandmother but NO IDEA where she acquired it...

Popular in the 50's early 60's. Actually these are Panthers. I have a red one which are really rare and it takes a bulb in the hollow back. You can find them on E-bay, very common.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • oldrocker
    I speak as a fellow hypocrite, but if you can move the rack to the side of the room it will help with the SDA effect. From my limited understanding in a "perfect" world, you want nothing between them.

Not sure if your speaker cable is long enough for that to work or not, but the room looks nice and empty.

Now we just need to get room treatments up :smile:

Funny you mention moving the rack to the side. I always wondered how that move might help stuff sound. I got room to do it and have wanted to try it along with adding some type of treatments but hell I switch crap out so much I'm not sure what to do...Just playing mostly, been a while since the 2385 got used.

And the Jag thing, my wife's grandmother had it for years, not sure where it came from, it does have a back light that lights up the eyes, bulb is out.
  • bikerboy
    bikerboy Posts: 1,205
    Try setting up the speakers using the Golden ratio or Fibonacci's ratio. Then you don't have to move the rack.
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
  • oldrocker
    Gear wall is approx 14.0 L-R with approx 17.0 F-B with my chair being 14.5 from gear. Might give it a swap here in a bit.

• oldrocker
    Will do bb. THANKS!!

Dan, pm on it's way.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Also WHERE IN THE HECK did you get that jaguar statue?...

Well My aunt was in the ceramic/porcelain business in the 1970's to the early 1990's that is a black panther and she sold those by the thousands. Now I'm not saying that one came from her as others I'm sure made them all over the USA.
    1. Hers had no lighted eyes but it would be easy to incorporate into one
    2. She also made the AJ Foyt Indy cars, I got to meet him but being as young as I was I was not impressed. later when i found out who he was I was like DAAANNNNNGGGG....

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    oldrocker wrote: »
    ...been a while since the 2385 got used.

Love the sound of those old 23xx-series Marantz units paired up with some old Polks! B)

Looks like that tucked-in turntable gets as much use as mine does - that's right, don't own one...