New Zappa Live Box Set

Anyone get it? Worth the 45.00 or so for a live CD set.... I am normally not a fan of live albums but most of Franks live stuff I have generally likes it the past.

Comments

• dromundsdromunds Posts: 7,593
    You talking about the Roxy performances?
  • kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 3,421
    yes sir...
    I have a buddy I’ll ask he is very familiar with that era and may know about this new set
    Sorry, my buddy doesn't know anything about this new box set yet.
  • pglbookpglbook Posts: 1,472
    edited March 2018
    I bought the new Zappa/Mothers The Roxy Performances 7CD box when it was first released a few weeks ago. It is excellent. The packaging is pretty basic, just a small square slipcase containing 7 CDs in sleeves and a booklet (the booklet has a good essay and some cool pics), but that is how they kept the cost low so that is ok with me. I pre-ordered it for $42 from Amazon with free shipping. The original Zappa Roxy album (2lp) is one of my favorite Zappa albums and this box has the complete Roxy performances, all 4 shows from 12/9/73 and 12/10/73, as well as music from the 12/8/73 soundcheck. The music is great and the sound quality is excellent as well. If you are a Zappa fan, it is a must buy. Highly recommended.
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 4,947
    ZFT gets no more money from me.
  • delkaldelkal Posts: 412
    afterburnt wrote: »
    ZFT gets no more money from me.
    Well, I guess they just got $45 from me........

Thanks to the OP for the heads up!