WTB (4) 27uf Sonicaps

I am on the hunt for a good deal on some 27uf Sonicaps. Honestly doesn’t have to be all four
2 Channel
Marantz UD-7007 Cd Player
Parasound Halo P5 Preamplifier
Marantz ST-7001 Radio Tuner
Parasound HCA-1500A Power Amplifier
Polk Audio Monitor 10B's

5 channel
Sony Bravia 32" LED
Yamaha RX-a3010 Receiver
Marantz UD-7007 Blu-Ray player
Klipsch RB-61 Main Speakers
Klipsch RB-41 Surround Speakers

Comments

• Mr. SharpeMr. Sharpe Posts: 1,165
    Still need
    2 Channel
    Polk Audio Monitor 10B's

5 channel
    Sony Bravia 32" LED
    Yamaha RX-a3010 Receiver
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,010
    edited April 6
    I think that the OP knows where to buy them, but as he stated he wants to get a good deal. :)
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
    Still needing
    2 Channel
    Polk Audio Monitor 10B's

5 channel
    Sony Bravia 32" LED
    Yamaha RX-a3010 Receiver
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,589
    They are a good deal new.
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    They are a good deal new.

Prices is right, strike while the iron's hot. :D
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • CH46ECH46E Posts: 808
    The only ones I have found in 27uf was
    Mundorf
    Sonicaps
    Clarity
    Jentzen
    Solen

Slim pickers. At least these are the brands I found with a somewhat reasonable cost. I'm sure there are more out there.

I'm leaning to the Mundorf or Clarity. The Jantzen are half the cost and are a prospect also.

The Sonicaps at $40+ each are a bit much. Especially when I need 8 of them.

Let me know what you end up with.
    CH46E wrote: »
    Mundorf
    Sonicaps
    Clarity
    Jentzen
    Solen

Slim pickers. At least these are the brands I found with a somewhat reasonable cost. I'm sure there are more out there.

I'm leaning to the Mundorf or Clarity. The Jantzen are half the cost and are a prospect also.

Too bad you can't score any sonicaps at ridiculously low prices in garage sales. :D
    Mundorf
    Sonicaps
    Clarity
    Jentzen
    Solen

I only need four on my rta’s for the high pass because I already have the 4.4’s in. $40+ each is expensive and I’m seriously thinking of looking somewhere else

2 Channel
    Polk Audio Monitor 10B's

5 channel
    Sony Bravia 32" LED
    Yamaha RX-a3010 Receiver
    edited November 6
    What RTA are you working on?

I found some Mundorf on a European web site for 26 euro each. Have not found out if they will ship to US or not. Let me see if I can find the link.

I dont think I have found this model for sale in the US yet. Even though it's a 450v cap it does say new compact size.

https://www.eltim.eu/index.php?item=mundorf-meo--27uf-450v--3---evo-oil--capacitor--price-per-piece&action=article&group_id=20000613&aid=40805&lang=en
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,589
    450 volt will be huge in circumference. Fitting them on a board can be very hard and more trouble. 200v is more than enough.
    Personally i do not like to mix and match caps. I understand your desire but like you I'm not made of money and sat back a few dollars each week and saved up for over a year. As little as $5.00 a week adds up. The high pass if anything should get the best caps as cheaper caps can be very hard and fatiguing on your ears. To spend time and money on something you can't or don't enjoy for hours makes little sense. Sonicaps work so well and it's like Jeff built them around Polk products as he has all the values needed that Polk speakers would take. Others you either get over, under or multiple smaller caps to build to the value.
    As long as you have been looking most could of saved a little here and there to make it work. Saving $20.00 a month $5.00 per week and you would of had enough to get the Sonicaps.
    Oh yeah I’ve done the research on them and everyone says sonicaps are about the best you can do, other brands noted are harsh and hard on the ears.

12c. I saw where I guy used some hat had a high voltage rating and he had to put the cap in middle of the board because it was about the size of a coke can haha
    2 Channel
    Polk Audio Monitor 10B's

5 channel
    Sony Bravia 32" LED
    Yamaha RX-a3010 Receiver
  • heiney9heiney9 Posts: 23,901
    Clarity's aren't harsh.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Plus DAC | MIT Shotgun S3 | MIT Z P/C's | updated SDA 1C| SQ Box Touch/Welbourne Labs P/S- Tubes add soul!
    Mr. Sharpe wrote: »
    Oh yeah I’ve done the research on them and everyone says sonicaps are about the best you can do, other brands noted are harsh and hard on the ears.

12c. I saw where I guy used some hat had a high voltage rating and he had to put the cap in middle of the board because it was about the size of a coke can haha

Yup, that was me brother! Lol.

Haha lol, it does look like a Coke can.

4hqvhuw4j2iu.jpg
    Eh small coke can :p
    2 Channel
    Polk Audio Monitor 10B's