Getting a bad **** amp for my mm6's

Options
MTXMAN
MTXMAN Posts: 682
edited April 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Well i'm going to order the US Amps US TU-600 tomorrow to power my mm6's, 150x2 tube amp and i'm gonna be sounding sweet as hell!! need some advice though with the upgrade in power, will the x-overs that come with that do a good enough job of protecting the speaker from damage caused by frequencies that are too high or too low or should i put in blockers for them? and if so what size capicators would i need to protect them?

thanks for the help guys, i'll be sure to give a full review of the amp when i get it. should be in within two weeks
Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
Post edited by MTXMAN on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2004
    Options
    just put the high pass on about 60Hz and i dont think youll have any problems
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MTXMAN
    edited April 2004
    Options
    i'm actually not entirely sure that it has a built in x-over, there's nothing on the website about one... i'm waiting on a reply from their techs as to wether or not that's the case...
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2004
    Options
    isn't that kinda dangerous, a tube in a car? not like explosive dangerous, but don't they break really easily? it would kinda suck to hit a pothole and break your amp.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MTXMAN
    edited April 2004
    Options
    not realy, that's taken into consideration when they design them, also one of the reasons that so few companies do it, you'll never see a tube amp coming from a lower budget amp company but Us Amps, Diamond, and Tru Tech all offer tube amps and those are some rather impressive companies.

basically anything can break, it all depends on how well put together it is
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    Options
    i was thinking about getting a tube amp for my next truck, but that truck will be offroad wayyyyyy too much for the amp to handle...
    -Cody
  • MTXMAN
    edited April 2004
    Options
    well my baby's being ordered on monday, total cost with tax is just shy of $500, not bad for an amp that retails at $740 :D from an authorized dealer nonetheless :D

best case scenario, i'll be installing it on wed or thurs, worst case a couple weeks... i'm hoping for wednesday ;)
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    Options
    where did u get it from?
    i thought USAmps didnt sell through the internet?
    at least thats the way it was a couple of years ago...they absolutely REFUSED to sell on the internet
    some BS on how it would hurt their reputation...:rolleyes:
    -Cody
  • MTXMAN
    edited April 2004
    Options
    well i found a shop that's only about 25 min away from me, and their price was bout the same as speedsound.com

the deal with speedsound.com is that it's the internet part of speed and sound electronics in brooklyn NY a legitimate storefront buisness. if you check usamps website for that zip code speed and sound shows up as an authorized dealer. I was just lucky enough to have a local dealer who had it for a damn good price.
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    Options
    i get ya, i havent checked to see where the closest dealer is to me yet, but i seriously doubt it
    i bet speed and sound is making a **** load of money now that theyre selling them online...
    -Cody