WTB: Phono preamp

2»

Comments

• dromundsdromunds Posts: 7,461
    The Vista can be dialed in to various cartridges. That’s nice if you change cartridges that have different gain and load. The Parasound zphono is real nice sounding for the money but can’t be adjusted. If you can find a zphono for about a hundred used and plan to use a typical MM cart it’s hard to beat it’s bang for the buck. If you desire the flexibility of multiple load and gain settings for different carts then the Vista is a good choice. I’ve heard them both and they both sound good for the money.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 5,229
    Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it!

I inquired with Kerry regarding the Vista, if Dave passes on it.

Otherwise I will probably order the Zphono. Would like to stay $200 or below if possible.
    dromunds wrote: »
    The Vista can be dialed in to various cartridges. That’s nice if you change cartridges that have different gain and load. The Parasound zphono is real nice sounding for the money but can’t be adjusted. If you can find a zphono for about a hundred used and plan to use a typical MM cart it’s hard to beat it’s bang for the buck. If you desire the flexibility of multiple load and gain settings for different carts then the Vista is a good choice. I’ve heard them both and they both sound good for the money.

• "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • JaybeezJaybeez Posts: 698
    edited February 2018
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Is there a way to turn off the blue light?
    Jaybeez wrote: »
    I’m getting ready to sell one of these : http://www.loungeaudio.com/lcr-mr-iii

I don’t think so. I have my stuff on a power unit so shut it all off after use.

Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; LSiM 703 ; LSiM 704C ; LSiFX ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Rythmik F12SE

"And these children that you spit on, as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through."
  • msgmsg Posts: 4,375
    You can take the cover off and disconnect or block it.
    I was going to do this, myself, but the light grew on me.

The Lounge LCR is a nice phono pre.
    I disabled signatures.
    Got any phono preamps in your collection that you are willing to part with, or would you rather just sit on them while they do nothing?
    msg wrote: »
    You can take the cover off and disconnect or block it.
    I was going to do this, myself, but the light grew on me.

The Lounge LCR is a nice phono pre.

• "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • msgmsg Posts: 4,375
    I do, actually.
    The one that would serve your needs best is the Up Yours and Around The Corner.
    I disabled signatures.
  • daboyzdaboyz Posts: 4,737
    Will sell this:

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/179466/fs-cambridge-audio-640p-phono-stage

Not going to do vinyl right now. Let me know.
    Main - Infinity RSIIIb, Magnepan 1.4, Marsh A200s, Twisted Pear Buffalo III DAC, Schiit Saga pre, Oppo BDP 93, Pioneer Elite BDP 62FD, Marantz SR7008, Usher S-525, Martin Logan Dynamo, NHT CS-10, Polk S15, Mogami 3103 speaker wire, Mogami 2534 IC

mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Infinity SL40, Audioengine B1
    I'll take you up on that! Sold! :)
    daboyz wrote: »
    Will sell this:

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/179466/fs-cambridge-audio-640p-phono-stage

Not going to do vinyl right now. Let me know.

Thanks @daboyz, the 640p arrived today in great shape. Looking forward to getting it into my system!
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,841
    Nice sale and purchase!

Love this forum!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    Bump, looking again. Let me know what you got.
  • maxwardmaxward Posts: 210
    Earlier you said that you weren’t interested in a tube preamp. Still the case?
    Thorens TD-160C; Sumiko Talisman S; Jolida JD9; Marantz CD-53; North Star Intenso;
    Joule-Electra LA-100; Balanced Power Technology AC conditioner;
    Odyssey Khartago monos (with most factory upgrades); Magnepan MG 3.6R
    I'm more open to it now, but I would still gravitate toward solid state.
  • verbverb Posts: 4,472
    Hi Drew. I just picked up this little guy. Lots of raves out there. Can be had easily for 2 hundie.
    1ghigj8tv1ab.jpeg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    What is it?
  • verbverb Posts: 4,472
    Sorry bad pic. Project phono tube pre. Previous gen.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    Thanks Jesse, that's a good deal, but I should have mentioned I was trying to stay under $500.
  • F1nut wrote: »
    Well, don't try.

That’s the spirit! That phone looks very nice
    2 Channel
    BlueSound Node 2 Streaming Tidal I Marantz SA8005 I Music Hall MMF7.3 I Lounge Audio LCR Mk III I Backert Labs Rhumba 1.1 I B&K Ref 200.2 I Focal Aria 926 I Wireworld Eclipse 7 IC's I Acoustic Zen Satori SC I Pangea AC14SE MkII/PS Audio AC-3 Power Cables

Living Room HT
    Sony XBR65X930E I Marantz NR-1608 I Q Acoustics 2020i I Q Acoustics 3090c I FXI-A4's I DIY 15" Dayton SW

It looks like I will be giving the Vista Audio Phono 2 a whirl.
  • corticocortico Posts: 433
    I just got a refurbished Cambridge audio 651P, for $100. Sounds pretty good, big improvement over the Parasound's built in phono amp.
    "If it measures good and sounds bad, -- it is bad. If it sounds good and measures bad, -- you've measured the wrong thing." Daniel Von Recklinghausen
2»